Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He
You want stats. I give you stats man. Look at his winning rate in PL in the last two seasons. 22 wins in 73 matches = 30% winning rate.

We are going to finish in the bottom half two seasons in a row since 2002.

Stop using the 72 points trophy as an excuse to cover up. 11th last season and 11th again with three games to go.
He's been here three seasons not two; he has our best PL points total and for the first time since 1983/84 we reached the semi finals of both cup competitions in one season.

There is no way, shape or form that Martinez's three seasons here will be judged by history as anything other than a good effort.

Sorry if you don't wish to understand or recognise that, but it's the truth.

The way forward and the way to progress is to admit your mistakes even to yourself,learn from them and change them to put things right something bobbys never done so i very much doubt he ever will for this single minded stubbornness is ingrained in the man and he will never change so he has to go.

I thought you were talking about Davek for a minute

Because we're getting shut of a manager who got 5th and our PL points record. If a new man coming in can't get a CL spot with vastly more resources they get less time than RM has had.

That is logical.

Believe me mate. If the new manager doesn't get CL footy in two seasons he'll be down the road. The rules of engagement have changed.

Chelsea got rid of the manager who won them the league. You make us sound like Watford or something.

His three years will be remembered when virtually all fans wanted him out as they could not stomach the rubbish on the pitch and embarrassing comments off it. Getting rid after three and we have had a lucky escape.

He

He's been here three seasons not two; he has our best PL points total and for the first time since 1983/84 we reached the semi finals of both cup competitions in one season.

There is no way, shape or form that Martinez's three seasons here will be judged by history as anything other than a good effort.

Dave baby is back hooray ! Missed ya x

3 years is not quickly and despite your love of his first season it's now obvious given his premier league record that it was a fluke

Dress it up if you like, it might be midtable but it's also bottom half, again

You have changed your language because you can't say 7th and 2 cup runs isn't terrible. Remember how adamant you were that we would finish at least seventh.

We used to get weekly updates from you on how close we were to 5th and how great a position we would be in after winning our games at hand

Now you threaten to throw your toys out of the peak because it turns out you were mistaken

Man up and support the team not the manager
Say all you want mate, but the bottom line now is that if we treat this manager like this for spending hardly any cash relative to top clubs (or his successor) and getting 5th place and 72 points, then the next man in charge will be expected to get CL footy quickly or he'll be gone.

No more 7th place trophies. Real ones or CL stage footy is required with the cash to be spent. If they can't do it they are out after 48 months..

That is the way we roll now. It's certainly the way I'll be approaching the situation....and I defo won't be alone in those demands either.

Wouldnt disagree with that. He has not, by a long chalk, been a disaster. Far from it. And history will judge him as a decent man, but flawed as a league manager. At this level anyrate.

That has been my yardstick to measure him by, and the evidence in front of me proves that.

He

72 points trophy is an antique from May 2014. Did you just miss all these 73 matches? He got 5th in his first season but where are we now? 11th last season and 11th again as of today with 3 games to go. How can you deny we have regressed under Martinez's stewardship? I don't get this semi finals trophy? Hey why don't you use quarter finals as an excuse next season? They are the same semi or quarter. You win nothing.

Three seasons are long enough to judge. Martinez has a fair amount of cash to spend.

The truth is you are a follower of Martinez. Even he relegates this club you will still praise him.

Look there's no point tilting at windmills and throwing tantrums now it's inevitable he's in the bin at seasons end. We'll get a proper manager in then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back