Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 10 years he will be remembered for a good first season getting into Europe, also as the reason we lost some of the most exciting players we've had in a long time. He will be remembered for the Derby performance.......but most of all he will be remembered for wearing Brown shoes. His legacy will be the fella who wore Brown shoes.

Wouldnt disagree with that. He has not, by a long chalk, been a disaster. Far from it. And history will judge him as a decent man, but flawed as a league manager. At this level anyrate.

That has been my yardstick to measure him by, and the evidence in front of me proves that.
Too sensible that mate. You need to be effing and blinding him and calling him a Catalan fraud. What's wrong with you?

He

He's been here three seasons not two; he has our best PL points total and for the first time since 1983/84 we reached the semi finals of both cup competitions in one season.

There is no way, shape or form that Martinez's three seasons here will be judged by history as anything other than a good effort.

Sorry if you don't wish to understand or recognise that, but it's the truth.

The worst home record in our entire history. Had one of Europe's top strikers for three seasons yet did nothing with him. Stones Barkley Deulofeu Lukaku all in the same side yet back to back bottom half finishes. No Derby wins and two of our worst losses v Liverpool in 3 seasons. That will be what Martinez is remembered for. Coming fifth is not exceptional for Everton, neither is getting to cup semi finals.

Say all you want mate, but the bottom line now is that if we treat this manager like this for spending hardly any cash relative to top clubs (or his successor) and getting 5th place and 72 points, then the next man in charge will be expected to get CL footy quickly or he'll be gone.

No more 7th place trophies. Real ones or CL stage footy is required with the cash to be spent. If they can't do it they are out after 48 months..

That is the way we roll now. It's certainly the way I'll be approaching the situation....and I defo won't be alone in those demands either.

Dave you speak like he is being treated like that after only 1 season.

He's being treated like that because he has failed to show an ability to even come close to repeating it in the following 2 years.

Omfg! What is the point in the ignore function if every post is quoting davek's drivel?
All this toing and froing with davek is pointless. I know a lot of people enjoy the banter but no-one will convince him that Martinez should go and he will not convince anyone that he should stay.

Guess what? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Please keep the debate civilized. No need for those kind of comments.
Guess what? I know & i was merely voicing my opinion that those who have voted 'in' are deceiving themselves thinking Martinez could turn this around, as in my opinion it's not realistic!
Hence I used the word delusional!
Hardly crime of the century & a lot tamer than a lot of the stuff posted on here daily!
And yet you haven't pulled anyone else up today:coffee:

The worst home record in our entire history. Had one of Europe's top strikers for three seasons yet did nothing with him. Stones Barkley Deulofeu Lukaku all in the same side yet back to back bottom half finishes. No Derby wins and two of our worst losses v Liverpool in 3 seasons. That will be what Martinez is remembered for. Coming fifth is not exceptional for Everton, neither is getting to cup semi finals.
Look it's quite simple: we've been taking part in the PL since it's inception 24 years ago; we've had six managers in that time and none have gotten anywhere near smashing through the 70 points barrier. Martinez got 72 points.

Anyone coming after him has to break through that record in order to prove themselves That's the benchmark. That's the record set by Roberto Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back