Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say all you want mate, but the bottom line now is that if we treat this manager like this for spending hardly any cash relative to top clubs (or his successor) and getting 5th place and 72 points, then the next man in charge will be expected to get CL footy quickly or he'll be gone.

No more 7th place trophies. Real ones or CL stage footy is required with the cash to be spent. If they can't do it they are out after 48 months..

That is the way we roll now. It's certainly the way I'll be approaching the situation....and I defo won't be alone in those demands either.

By that logic Liverpool should have stuck with Rodgers then Dave?

BTW because you want Martinez to be given much more time - in fact it appears you want to constantly change the goalposts on the ammount of time he should get, given the fact you have already been vaulted by i believe @The Esk a few weeks back on a earlier post where you stated thatif he didn't meet certain criteria he should be gone - criteria he didn't meet btw

Now you reckon he should hav emore time, so contradicting your earleir definitive stance.

and if Martinez doesn't get this constantly shifting added timeframe then whatever new manager comes in you will take it out on, unbelievably petulant behaviour really mate, bit like taking your ball home with you

Look it's quite simple: we've been taking part in the PL since it's inception 24 years ago; we've had six managers in that time and none have gotten anywhere near smashing through the 70 points barrier. Martinez got 72 points.

Anyone coming after him has to break through that record in order to prove themselves That's the benchmark. That's the record set by Roberto Martinez.

What if they avoid breaking his other record of 5 home wins.

Too sensible that mate. You need to be effing and blinding him and calling him a Catalan fraud. What's wrong with you?

Sad to see a nice bloke, and a fine ambassador for Everton, not being quite at the level we need.

His words at the 25th Hillsborough anniversary will live long in the memory.

He got us. Embraced the club, and he will always be an Everton manager. Not many can say that.

Look it's quite simple: we've been taking part in the PL since it's inception 24 years ago; we've had six managers in that time and none have gotten anywhere near smashing through the 70 points barrier. Martinez got 72 points.

Anyone coming after him has to break through that record in order to prove themselves That's the benchmark. That's the record set by Roberto Martinez.

Coming fifth is not an achievement for Everton. Only one manager in our premier league history has taken us higher than that and that man is not Roberto Martinez.

Too sensible that mate. You need to be effing and blinding him and calling him a Catalan fraud. What's wrong with you?
He's in the bin, that's the salient point, and he's found himself in that bin due to having failed for 2 successive seasons - FACT.

Say all you want mate, but the bottom line now is that if we treat this manager like this for spending hardly any cash relative to top clubs (or his successor) and getting 5th place and 72 points, then the next man in charge will be expected to get CL footy quickly or he'll be gone.

No more 7th place trophies. Real ones or CL stage footy is required with the cash to be spent. If they can't do it they are out after 48 months..

That is the way we roll now. It's certainly the way I'll be approaching the situation....and I defo won't be alone in those demands either.

He has a £28m striker which his incumbent didn't have and I believe he got 72 points using his predecessor team in the main

once he started to put his stamp on the team we are seeing a regression in the teams development over the last two seasons

this tells me is the 72 points was not down to Martinez but a team of good players with a little confidence.

i agree though we should now be challenging seriously for honours now with Morshiri's investment but with Martinez well he might as well burn that.

Martinez does not bring a balanced team to the equation rather his teams attack like winners but defend like embarrassing losers

a recipe for failure im afraid so a managerial change is a must

It's not even our losses that is bad as we only only lost1 more game then Liverpool, the same losses as city and southampton but that we drawn to many.

I know it been a bad season but we are over reacting tbf

Looking at Wigan's performance over four seasons with RM at the helm, in the first season, 2009/10, Wigan somehow stayed up with just 36 pts, losing 20 games and with a goal difference of -42. If they had gone down that year I doubt we would ever have heard of him again as a contender for anything better jobwise.

In all, 152 league games in charge and a whopping 275 goals conceded.

Fair expectation, if we look at Tottenham they showed with redknapp they weren't satisfied with non achievement - and he got them in the champions league! Look at them now, the bottom line if the "new" Everton do spend what is rumoured then yes we should expect to be at least competing. The best managers won't be put off by such an expectation.

Would you rather 72 points and finish fifth or 70 and finish fourth?

Go for the 72 davek as that Is better than Moyes getting us fourth.

Would you rather win the league one season with 85 or finish second on 83?

He's also set the record for the worst home performance in our entire 138 year history. That's the other record set by Roberto Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back