Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this. Martinez had done great in his first term but failed miserably for his second and third season. This is regression and you still back him.

It seems you won't give a longer time to the new manager under similar circumstances?
It's nothing more than deflection and it's also off topic. This thread is about Martinez not some fanciful benchmark setting for whoever is to replace him.

I don't get this. Martinez had done great in his first term but failed miserably for his second and third season. This is regression and you still back him.

It seems you won't give a longer time to the new manager under similar circumstances?

...the new manager doesn't have his heart though. Whereas ROBERTO always will.

Because it's...

#OUT

Does anyone remember the candidates to replace Moyes, and the bookies favourites? They were the mighty Phil Neville, Niel Lennon and Alan Stubbs. If anyone mentioned a Mourinho type then, you'll get called mad. Now the favourites to take over Martinez is Joachim Low, Pellegrini, and Mourinho has been mentioned. That's a huge difference in the calibre of managers and I'm not saying Martinez is 100% the reason why things have changed but he's part of it.

I don't think Martinez is a part of the reason why where being linked with a better calibre of manager at all, it's purely the fact that we now have a billionaire (soon to be owner) calling the shots,

If we where letting martinez go and bill kenwright was still majority share holder then that short list would definitely still have stubbs neville and hughes on it

I'm looking forward to a new manager reuniting a somewhat fractured fan-base (although 95% OUT vs 5% IN/undecided suggests it's not really too fractured lol).
I am confident, that the new man will get full support of 100% of the supporters. Further, I am certain that all will give him time to effect his 'policy'.
Roberto was given 3 years to demonstrate his inadequacy as helmsman for our club. I think I speak for all Evertonians when saying the new manager should be given similar time frame to demonstrate his (hopefully) abundant helming talents.

I can't wait in the sense that if it happened I'd give the medicine back to those baldly and brazenly refusing to give Martinez any credit.

Good luck to the new manager. They get my support for the first season. But they better achieve by season two or they are out.

Most people have given Martinez credit for his first season (even though we didn't win anything and only finished 5th). An idiot can see how far the club has gone backwards since then, so there isn't much credit to be dished out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back