Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do - more's the pity; for all their 'insight'. They offer an opinion, same as you & me. Being paid for it doesn't qualify them as experts.

And experts are only experts until they're proved wrong.

As football has a way of constantly proving wrong, if we followed that code then nobody would ever speak about it.

They were professional footballers, they know more than the average Joe on a forum mate.

Yes they will. But here's my question: why is Martinez being judged by those standards when Smith and Moyes weren't - managers who nearly had us into the championship?

Answer me that.

I don't think it was ever the case with Smith, he managed to lower expectations but I do remember Moyes having similar standards put on him. People would regularly throw a tantrum if we finished 6th as it wasn't as good as Kendall/Catterick.

I know not everyone agrees but people who are or have been in the game actually know what the football world is like. Most of us have no idea.
You don't need to have played football at a professional level, or have worked in the industry to have a considered and educated opinion on the game itself, therefore his point was absolute rot mate.

Bin this top 4 crap. Next fella comes in and we want a bleeding Trophy.......then another.....
A trophy is fine by me. It has and always will be more important than top four....of course it wasn't this season because Martinez threatened to get us one, and that was a horrifying prospect to his critics. Next season the cups will be deemed important again by all....you just know it.

You don't need to have played football at a professional level, or have worked in the industry to have a considered and educated opinion on the game itself, therefore his point was absolute rot mate.

You misunderstand. Anyone can have an educated opinion. We all watch football and can make a point on it.

But I have no idea what goes on in a football club really. I can guess based on things we all pick up, but in all honesty we don't know.

I don't think it was ever the case with Smith, he managed to lower expectations but I do remember Moyes having similar standards put on him. People would regularly throw a tantrum if we finished 6th as it wasn't as good as Kendall/Catterick.
Tantrum maybe, but not lobby for his head with protests. There is a massive hypocrisy at play here and the reason behind it is Moshiris cash in the background and the sense of entitlement and impatience for change it brings to some.

As football has a way of constantly proving wrong, if we followed that code then nobody would ever speak about it.

They were professional footballers, they know more than the average Joe on a forum mate.

Right, so because they've played the game for a living, they're more qualified to express their opinion, on everything from a manager's personality, to what goes on behind closed doors?

Makes them right all the time, does it? No - it makes them better AT the game; not better ABOUT the game.

Does the matchgoing Evertonian's opinion qualify them more than the non-matchgoing?

What about the industry expert known as 'professor' Tom Cannon....When has he ever been right about anything?

Yes you are. Only industry experts have the ability to do that because they are objective and have no axe to grind.

Roberto Martinez is our manager and remains so. No protest is changing that fact. Only by a proper post season review will we know whether he will remain our manger, so I'd advise you and your cohorts to leave it to that process. You have no input into any decision.
You've gone totally off the rails now man! Unbelievable tripe!

There is a massive hypocrisy at play here and the reason behind it is Moshiris cash in the background and the sense of entitlement and impatience for change it brings to some.

Who are you trying to kid? Plenty of folks saw through martinez long before moshiri made his presence known.

experts until they're proved wrong.

Didn't the experts tell us that it was nearly impossible to finish outside your wage structure? That the Sky 4 were nailed on each year. Wasn't that a cosy relationship.

We may not see Leicester win the league again but I don't need to be an expert to suggest that next years league race will be wide open.

Be a shame if we were all sitting around debating the merits of 4th or 5th place when an opportunity like that comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back