Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham was the game for me also

Signs were there in the opening games, we weren't fit and haven't been all season. Even at our best we would last 60-70 minutes.

He didn't prepare the squad for the season. Compare the young lads when they have come in, seems Unsworth puts more stock in fitness levels as part of their development.

Can only think of Villa as a more lethargic team than us and that's more down to apathy.

For the millionth time Moyes team did NOT defend well! Not when it ever mattered.

Also he left the squad with no useable strikers and yes it was a decent squad but it was also ageing. The players that served him so well were all getting on a bit and there were glaring holes in certain areas (some have been filled, some still have not).

Martinez had a much bigger job on his hands than some people realized at the time. Hes not done very well with it to be fair but lets not pretend it was going to be a cakewalk for him either. History is littered with managers coming into jobs where the past manager had been there for years and failed. Hell, Moyes did it himself at United!

It did......and way better than this fella's managed to emulate for 2 seasons running.

LOL
Fan Forum in different opinions shocker!
I don't mind being wrong but not much about Martinez's tenure has led me or the majority of online here or Evertonians on social media to believe we can kick on with him. It's an overwhelming majority opinion.
edit: The minority aren't going to be all kopites, that's unfair- and that was what you were responding to sorry mate x

Since the New Year we have amassed the grand total of 18 points in the league, I know we still have a few games left, but if this 'form' continues then we will be in a relegation fight next term.

I don't expect Everton to be top 4 anytime soon and wanting a change of manager has nothing to do with entitlement and everything to do with seeing us develop, given the age and ability in our squad. There is no question that we have gone backwards this season, we have had some bad luck but in the end it is down to the manager and the players, so common sense states that something has to give and we all know that it won't be the players. I hate the idea of Everton becoming a 'sacking club', but the writing is on the wall and I don't see that the board have any choice.

Signs were there in the opening games, we weren't fit and haven't been all season. Even at our best we would last 60-70 minutes.

He didn't prepare the squad for the season. Compare the young lads when they have come in, seems Unsworth puts more stock in fitness levels as part of their development.

Can only think of Villa as a more lethargic team than us and that's more down to apathy.

this is the thing that baffles me most, hes supposed to be a disciple of guardiola, possesion football blah blah but those teams are among the hardest working and fittest you'll ever see. they see it as an insult for the oppostion to have the ball. everton under martinez are lazy, unfit and let the oppostion whaltz through them to shoot at will. hes a strange man.

I don't mind being wrong but not much about Martinez's tenure has led me or the majority of online here or Evertonians on social media to believe we can kick on with him. It's an overwhelming majority opinion.
he's had backing to buy players, backed when keeping players he didn't want to sell and he's had 3 years - two of which he has massively underachieved with a very good squad. Maybe champions league was too much to expect but top 8 finishes with this squad was a minimum. It is very clear he is the problem not the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back