Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 56 now.

NEA.

They're certainly not blues.

5vt5s0.gif

I can't comment for why he has not resigned. It's not the norm to resign though, in the instance he has no alternative lined up. There are I presume, financial implications for him if he resigned, and like it or not, be is perfectly entitled to act in his best interests, as he sees it. I know I would.

My sympathy for him is on a human level, that's all. I don't like to see someone so obviously struggling in a job that is absolutely beyond his ability. He has had me tearing my hair out for the past 18 months. I'm fully aware that he leaves Everton a very wealthy man and shouldn't take too long to get over it. Ironically one of the banners at the protest read "Nice man, terrible manager" and that encapsulates how I feel about him.

The point is though, that a group of people at Everton, if all works out as intended in the next few days/week, decided some time ago that Martinez was no longer fit for purpose to continue as Everton manager. Why that decision was not put into effect as soon as possible after that consenus was reached, is quite simply beyond me. I don't get how it would have unduly interfered with the appointment of a replacement, or why someone could not have come in as interim/caretaker manager for a few weeks and done a half decent job. It the season had more games to run, they would probably have had to act anyway, given we are falling like a stone and morale is lower than a snake's backside.

I agree he should been sacked long, long ago - especially if it's been the intention for a while to do so. Personally, any sympathy I have in this situation is reserved for us supporters rather than someone who to my mind has been stealing a dare I say 'incredible' living from us for around 18 months. I don't begrudge anyone making as much money as someone else is prepared to pay them. But I do ask myself why, if Martinez is so 'decent', does he only seem to care about the cash? If that's not the case - why does he stay and not resign?

Easier said than done. Ticket already given away for free to so il let them go and make the most of it. Done this season giving out or caring about it. As said in previous post the free quid I wont be spending will be spent on spoiling the kids which il get far more enjoyment from.
Time to switch off and dust myself off for next season. Club wont be getting anymore of my time and effort this season

So you gave your match ticket away for free.

You are going to forfeit the plane fare.

And yet for all you know the managerial crisis might have been resolved by Sunday......which is still almost a week away.

Imagine how you will feel if Jose is wheeled out as our next manager and you sat at home watching on TV as the rest of us rejoice :pint2:

But fair play to you.......I wish I could stop caring about and switching off from Everton when things were bad.

It would sure have saved me a lot of anguish over the years :(

If you were about to lose your job because it wasn't working out too well and the results were not as you or your bosses expected and your contract included severance pay .... Would you walk awAy without taking the pay off as a point of honour .... I don't think so
Depends what he wants his CV to look like.

FA Cup and relegation isn't that good but could get him a decent job abroad.
FA Cup, relegation and sacked is dreadful and he'd be looking at lower leagues.

And yet for all you know the managerial crisis might have been resolved by Sunday......which is still almost a week away.

Imagine how you will feel if Jose is wheeled out as our next manager and you sat at home watching on TV as the rest of us rejoice :pint2:

But fair play to you.......I wish I could stop caring about and switching off from Everton when things were bad.

He could go in the spares thread and write a Leicester style sob story if the manager is revealed.
Someone will give him a ticket.

its 1.2m a place, so him staying has cost us more than 2m!
Yes, but that has already been decided, sacking the manager now will not result in us shooting up the table.

I am not saying he should be kept on until after the weekend, I was saying why that probably is happening.
I think it would be more humane if he left today.

Depends what he wants his CV to look like.

FA Cup and relegation isn't that good but could get him a decent job abroad.
FA Cup, relegation and sacked is dreadful and he'd be looking at lower leagues.

To be honest, having "sacked" on your CV is no big deal in the goldfield that is top level football management.

Most of them have it on there somewhere.....even Jose and Pellegrino.

The FSW stands to make six million quid from three months work at Newcastle if he keeps them up.....four million if he doesn't.

And he has been given the sack as often as our postman :Blink:

Have a feeling martinez is not.getting sacked , why is it so great to sack him after the season ends , is bill obessed with decorum and respect? Cuase martinez deserve none for his press conferences alone...

To be fair to the board... they were probably of a mind to replace Martinez some time ago. Kenwright probably championed his cause and with the european places out of reach and the team relatively safe from relegation they thought, not unreasonably, it best not to rush but make the change in the summer. This plan was probably even more appealing if the are various clauses in his contract which would make sacking him in the third rather than second year of his contract or after failing to achieve stipulated targets considerably cheaper.

What they probably didn't expect was for the teams form to drop off a cliff as dramatically as it has and for rumbling social media discontent to turn into angry match day protest.

Those asking for those in charge to be more ruthless and business oriented might be getting just that as Everton appear to prepared to expose Martinez to dogs abuse to save them a couple of million in compensation. Money that can then be used to employ a high quality replacement.

As if he's the 14th highest paid manager in world football.

He's an absolute blagger who chats absolute wham, he never answers a question directly, uses ridiculous phrases to put you off the scent and is overly positive about everything. We've basically had the football equivalent of Uri Geller in charge for the past 3 years. And look where his psychological spoon bending persuasion has got him.

Let's not kneejerk and give the next fella a bumper new contract after a one decent season next time.

Very good:D

Yes, but that has already been decided, sacking the manager now will not result in us shooting up the table.

I am not saying he should be kept on until after the weekend, I was saying why that probably is happening.
I think it would be more humane if he left today.

not saying it would, but maybe keep us 12th, not 16th!

Let me know how it goes . Better to switch off sometimes pal. Better for your health and well being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back