Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to go out on a limb here and say that if the club has been looking around for potential replacements, then Martinez should feel aggrieved.

Why we'd let it run on like this is appalling and completely unprofessional.

If some random on a forum knows about it, then obviously the players and the management does too. It's impossible to effectively perform your duties in these kind of environments.

Posted nearly a month ago, and everyone laughed at how silly I was.

The whole situation since Wembley has been excruciatingly painful and awkward, as though the club is in a state of limbo. The decision on Martinez should have been concise and quick after the Wembley result, and it's painfully obvious the board don't know how to handle the situation. My initial anger towards Martinez has shifted onto the board, not just for not making a clear decision but to leave Martinez to face the brunt of the disdain. This season needs to end quick

not as much as having a 3rd leg though

What abuse? He's done a terrible job over the last two seasons, to the point were there is a general feeling of apathy within the fan base.

If anything he's getting an easy ride, the press don't push him on his bizarre claims, and the fans actually didn't say much during the last home game and instead politely waited until after the match to form a friendly protest.

We all talk about 'mad abuse' he's going to get but the reality appears to be very different. Considering he's been playing people for fools for such a long time, blamed the fans, the players and just about everyone except for him, I think he's getting off lightly, and I'm amazed people are feeling sorry for him.

Shouting at him outside the ground

Chants during the game

Banners

Planes

A fan getting on the pitch to try and lynch him

Also, you presume he's playing people for fools, basically bull craping his way through the job, he may honestly believe in what he's saying and that the way he's trying to get the team playing is the best way for the club, that's not to say he's right obviously but he probably thinks he's in the right

The club just need to come out and either back him or tell the world he's gone after Norwich

to be fair he's hardly going to say 'i've lost the dressing room, the players don't want to play for me anymore'

he has to make up this stuff, his jobs on the line.

He should be better at it though, mix in a bit of realism. Put on an act even get emotional and angry. His definitely not a bullshit artist as ove heard cause he is bad at it. He is in the 'Why my homework isn't done' primary school league. He's either stupid or thinks we are.

....came in after a few hours out, clicked on BBC Sport to be presented with a picture of RM. Admit to thinking the obvious but it was only because he's had a news conference ahead of the Sunderland game.

Shouting at him outside the ground

Chants during the game

Banners

Planes

A fan getting on the pitch to try and lynch him

Also, you presume he's playing people for fools, basically bull craping his way through the job, he may honestly believe in what he's saying and that the way he's trying to get the team playing is the best way for the club, that's not to say he's right obviously but he probably thinks he's in the right

The club just need to come out and either back him or tell the world he's gone after Norwich

that sounds like someone ill.

Its painfully obvious that nothing can be said until the season is over.

Where Man Utd & Newcastle finish are factors in deciding our next move I believe

Depending on this we either are going for Mourinho or Benitez.

The Dutch managers are our second choices

If he resigns he loses about 2million in compensation
I would stand in front of the Kop for 90 minutes of verbal abuse for 2 million quid

Of course you would.

So would I.

(I would do it for fifty quid but that's just me :Blink:)

If this club is not firing him merely to save such a relatively paltry sum in this age of mega million TV deals and a billionaire owner then bye bye to the alleged £100 million spending spree in the summer........or a brand new, fit for purpose stadium.

This is like Celtic in the "Biscuit Tin" era of penny pinching.

This farce is just unbelievable.......even by Everton standards.

And that sure is saying sommat :mad:

David Moyes had a difficult job replacing Sir Alex Ferguson.

Nobody actually mentioned how hard it would be for Roberto Martinez to replace David Moyes. On a shoe-string budget, David Moyes consistently gave Evertonians enough hope that we could finish in the top 4, resulting in big Champions League nights, and more income for everybody connected with Everton. It was depressing at times but this is not David Moyes fault or due to circumstances under his control.

Roberto Martinez started off slowly in his first few games, but we were top of the league in his first season at one point. How quickly us football fans forget. How short our memories are!

He helped Barkley become an England international so very quickly. Roberto Martinez has done well for himself. He got himself a move to Everton and masterminded one brilliant performance against Manchester City in the FA Cup final. He was favourite for the job and charmed Bill Kenwright.

Romelu Lukaku has not hide the fact that he ignored Roberto Martinez' phone call initially before allowing himself to be convinced by him. Roberto Martinez did that for Everton, and he did that because he has always had Everton's best interests at heart. Both the fans and the overall institution. He deserves nothing but praise for this.

Lukaku has a lot to thank Roberto Martinez for too. Martinez has done brilliantly for Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku.

Then there's John Stones. Sylvain Dystin was brilliant but Roberto Martinez had to make a call and now we're in a position where we're asking if John Stones is worth only £30m or £60m. John Stones has been given prolonged opportunities to show his talents, and he has done so.

As it now becomes obvious that Roberto Martinez is going to leave us, I ask that we recognise that Roberto Martinez does not deserve scorn for being in the position to answer questions from the press, to manage a situation that so easily could have gone differently, but now is heading in the direction of cringing and face-palming.

He, as usual, is handling everything better than most would, or anyone could. And online at least, he's still getting a little stick for it.

People are wondering when the tide turned. Some are saying it's the West Ham game, some are saying they predicted the defensive slackness before he arrived, some are saying it's the signing of Niasse.

For me the turning point was losing to Manchester City in the League Cup Semi-Final. We had a 2-1, and then a 1-3 lead. I think with Liverpool in the other semi final, a lot of us were hoping and feeling that we'd see a classic Everton-Liverpool final. Evertonians were not against Roberto Martinez at this point. Those in the media who think Everton fans should know their place, be grateful and be happy can do one, I am sure we are all agreed.

Beating Chelsea in a one-off game was not enough to turn it around, but it still could have been in my opinion. We then failed to impress and capitalise on any momentum that could have been derived.

After the Chelsea game, we went SEVEN weeks and EIGHT games without winning another.

Roberto Martinez has to go, and will go, but he still does not deserve scorn. People are saying he has not had abuse or that he gets paid millions, and they are right, they are also right that he can handle it. But it's not nice to see. The 'get out of our club' chants in my opinion, are unfortunate and a little harsh. He has aided in a lot of good things on and off the field.

So let's do a vote, does and will Roberto Martinez deserve hatred? I hope Roberto Martinez, once he leaves, knows he did his best and knows the collective do not find him a clown. I agree with those blaming the board and who feel for Martinez right now and my vote is no.

I don't know what else the poor fella can say. He's weofully out of his depth it's painfully obvious he is yet the board are hanging him out to dry time and time again. They've said nothing and threw him to the wolves whilst they have kept absolutely silent on it.

I'm disgusted in them. Martinez isn't a bad man, he's tried his best to do a good job of that I'm absolutely certain. He's not just gone through the motions like certain players have. He looks ill, his face looks haunted. He's not a terrorist or child molestor he's just a football manager who has tried his very best but it's not been good enough. It's up to his peers to sort that out and stop him being humiliated and paraded in front of the press week in week out like for people to gawp at and scrutinise. They could of made a statement that he was leaving at the end of the season and saved all the speculation, angst, anger and vitriol spewed in his direction.

Shame on you Everton, absolutely gutless and lacking in any class or common decency.
Yeah from the outside I'd agree somewhat but we can't know what's gone on and what's been said. For all we know Martinez has agreed a package and part of the agreement was to see out the season and then go and he was happy to do this. He's a grown ass man after all he can resign anytime he wants and look elsewhere, like we've all had to do at times with work etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back