Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody actually mentioned how hard it would be for Roberto Martinez to replace David Moyes.

Well thats not true. Many people were worried about any incoming managers ability to at least maintain, and more importantly improve on the relative standards Moyes had set. In fact there were many pages on this very forum of people worried about losing stars and being relegated whoever came in to replace Moyes.

For large parts of his first season, and in diminishing patches since it appeared he'd be able to drive us forward. But he's very obviously lost the players and the fans due to his stubbornness, failure to learn and woeful home record. You don't come back from that.

Yes ,but to name one extreme example that will in all possibility never happen again is not a very good argument.
The probability that it happens next year is just the same as it was this year. So - not impossible at all.
Premier league is massively over rated.

Its painfully obvious that nothing can be said until the season is over.

Where Man Utd & Newcastle finish are factors in deciding our next move I believe

Depending on this we either are going for Mourinho or Benitez.

The Dutch managers are our second choices

NO mate. It isn't happening, how is this even a possibility people are entertaining?

He called us a small club. There's no way we give him the best job on the planet after that.

Let him go do filming for the next David Brent film the fat pillock.

We don't actually know what agreement or understanding the management have made with the manager and his staff.

It may very well be that his dismissal is being put back until the end of the season at the managers request and it may well be portrayed as the manager leaving, just to save face and possibly money.

It seems to be dragging on for ever, but when we look back on this in July it will insignificant.

[QUOTE in ="orly, post: 4469122, member: 16002"]The Emperor? Couldn't he just use[/QUOTE]
Well thats not true. Many people were worried about any incoming managers ability to at least maintain, and more importantly improve on the relative standards Moyes had set. In fact there were many pages on this very forum of people worried about losing stars and being relegated whoever came in to replace Moyes.

For large parts of his first season, and in diminishing patches since it appeared he'd be able to drive us forward. But he's very obviously lost the players and the fans due to his stubbornness, failure to learn and woeful home record. You don't come back from that.
In hindsight I wonder if he ever really won over the defenders in the squad. It's pretty clear Baines and Coleman can't stand him, Jags is too much of a pro to rock the boat, and then there is Distin. Howard was obviously a key supporter, hence the loyalty. There was never this sort of meltdown at Wigan, even as they went down they kept on believing in his.methods.when Roberto looks back I think the thing that stopped him getting another year was the injury to Barry, another consummate professional

That press conference today was a holy show. Not one direct question on his future or any negative comment towards the last month. Those "journos" are a load of yes men who don't have the balls to question why this man is still in a job because the press officer will tell them off and they miss out on their free cuppa and nice perks from Everton.

Honestly losing all faith in this once great club. The results are not the issue anymore, I have sat through Walker, Kendall MK3 and Smith days but the silence and the nerve that this board do not even register the fans unless they are selling a kit or want something, is pushing me further and further away.

This summer, Martinez, Kenwright, Elstone and Woods need to go!

I think he has finally gone completely `poco loco`. Comments like a `really good response 2 weeks ago` and `being caught up in the atmosphere` at Leicester, his next career move should be speech writer for a government department, the garbage this man spouts is incredibly phenonemal !

Why the journos dont grill him more is beyond me they could have a feild day taking the pi** out of his responses, I hope the end is nigh

I think he has finally gone completely `poco loco`. Comments like a `really good response 2 weeks ago` and `being caught up in the atmosphere` at Leicester, his next career move should be speech writer for a government department, the garbage this man spouts is incredibly phenonemal !

Why the journos dont grill him more is beyond me they could have a feild day taking the pi** out of his responses, I hope the end is nigh

People are saying he should be honest, but do they expect him to say 'the players are letting me down, I am really disappointed in the quality or lack of it produced by players like Lukaku in the past few months, I feel let down, I feel exasperated, and yes I am leaving the club, that looks very likely'?!

Every manager does this, and Martinez is doing an admirable job in these cringe-worthy press conferences, even if to us, it's predictable and repetitive, he thinks fast!

Wasted potential is what this season is, and I can't see Ronald Koeman turning things around enough as we wish.

That press conference today was a holy show. Not one direct question on his future or any negative comment towards the last month. Those "journos" are a load of yes men who don't have the balls to question why this man is still in a job because the press officer will tell them off and they miss out on their free cuppa and nice perks from Everton.

Honestly losing all faith in this once great club. The results are not the issue anymore, I have sat through Walker, Kendall MK3 and Smith days but the silence and the nerve that this board do not even register the fans unless they are selling a kit or want something, is pushing me further and further away.

And , you don't think there is any chance that these same journalists have been spoken to beforehand by club and/or manager about the situation at the club and asked not to press the issue now as it will be dealt with next week if not sooner.

Are you proper fuming mate

Ironically feel happy today after his press conference. Would only talk about the present not the future, in addition by all accounts it was a short news conference by Martinez. Maybe it's just me, but it all points to him gone at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back