Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, now all of the top dog replacements for RM have told us to do one, lets get behind the man who actually wants us to succeed - our current manager.

Big summer for him with Moshiri's cheque book.

I'd like to see him bring in a reserve keeper (happy with Joel), some grock CB, a RB, 2 centre midfielders, a left winger and a CF. that's with no outgoings. If we have any then we replace with more proven quality.

Very excited.

I'm trying to decide if this is a joke or not?!

sarcastic-clapping-golf-clap.gif

Of course you would.

So would I.

(I would do it for fifty quid but that's just me :Blink:)

If this club is not firing him merely to save such a relatively paltry sum in this age of mega million TV deals and a billionaire owner then bye bye to the alleged £100 million spending spree in the summer........or a brand new, fit for purpose stadium.

This is like Celtic in the "Biscuit Tin" era of penny pinching.

This farce is just unbelievable.......even by Everton standards.

And that sure is saying sommat :mad:

Time this fella revealed himself. Since he's come in its turned to right mush and a level of blame for that has to be assigned to him. He's been way to quiet. And all this 'well he's only been here a couple of months give it time' talk is wearing thin. If id have just bought a footy club, the 4th most successful in English football at that, id be making sure the fans liked me. Id also be like a kid in a toy shop proper loving it. I sense a cold calculated rich man who has privately give it the big one but has no real interest other than lining his own already inflated pockets.

It really shouldn't be the left to the fans to protest a manager. Banners, planes, chants etc. That stuff shouldn't need to happen.

It is the board's responsibility to:

A) Set managerial expectations
B) be strict in enforcing those expectations.

The board has a responsibility to recognise when something isn't working and then act accordingly. There should be no need for fans to get involved. What this whole episode tells me, is that we have an inept board that either can't make the right decisions or won't make the right decisions.

Should fans have the right to protest? Absolutely. Should fans have to protest because the board won't act? Absolutely not. But here we are.

Of course there are most likely things happening behind the scenes but this level of secrecy isn't appropriate when tensions amongst the fans are this high. It looks a lot less like secrecy and a lot more like incompetence.
The board should have realised long before now that Martinez has been failing consistently and moved him on. Instead we now have a toxic atmosphere directed at a manager who, for all his failings, is a lovely person and, despite what the fans may think, is trying his hardest.

Not sure why RM being a 'lovely person' should be taken in to account. He is being judged on two years of of ineptitude, nothing more. He has been very well paid over the last three years and will probably walk away with a fully paid up contract. We are effectively rewarding failure and his personality is irrelevant. He'll get another well paid job soon enough so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back