Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Roberto's results seem to show he's Moyes with a sharper knife.

Against teams finishing / currently below Everton

Home 20-7-4
Away 14-11-6
Total 34-18-10 average 38 games 63

Teams above

Home 5-8-12
Away 4-8-13

Total 9-16-25 average 38 games 33 points

So a bit like Moyes with a bit more passing

I'd like to thank Mr Martinez for his passion in Everton and trying to break the little old Everton routine by telling the press we should be winning titles.

He's not the man to make it that happen seemingly but I'm sure not all of you have lost your manners and sense of Evertonianism and will wish him well in the future and not act like a child denied a flake ice cream on a Sunday evening.

hey bozos. apologize. or it is just you and me.
I+bow+my+head+in+shame+_093c31f90af226a74c34641fd0cb601e.jpg

I throw myself at your mercy, one of my worst days on GOT.

People are saying he should be honest, but do they expect him to say 'the players are letting me down, I am really disappointed in the quality or lack of it produced by players like Lukaku in the past few months, I feel let down, I feel exasperated, and yes I am leaving the club, that looks very likely'?!

Every manager does this, and Martinez is doing an admirable job in these cringe-worthy press conferences, even if to us, it's predictable and repetitive, he thinks fast!

Wasted potential is what this season is, and I can't see Ronald Koeman turning things around enough as we wish.

Old saying is `better to remain silent and be thought a fool than talk and confirm any doubt`
Plenty of managers make interviews difficult for the interviewer, it always confirms to me just how out of his depth Martinez is, he would not be comfortable with silence, he waffles, and only has himself to blame for the utter guff he spouts. He could say `we were poor` silence next question
its easy really.

The players do not look fit or comfortable with his philosophy so I agree he is not going to say ` the players are not fit enough, and they struggle with my philosophy` as the next question would be `what you going to do about it `. I would have prefered him to hand over the interviews to someone else.

Martinez has wasted the potential and I think anyone else could do a better job, prefer someone bigger than Koeman though

Short of anything, god forbid, actually happening in the way of a club announcement we must be just about fully spent up here, all wrung out. Until 9.37pm tomorrow evening that is.

Short of anything, god forbid, actually happening in the way of a club announcement we must be just about fully spent up here, all wrung out. Until 9.37pm tomorrow evening that is.

Martinez should be on his mobile phone to Rafael tommorrow night taking instructions on how not to get beat
its a win win, we get 3 points they stay up, sadly Im expecting the usual 4 goal drubbing .... phenonemal

So Roberto's results seem to show he's Moyes with a sharper knife.

Against teams finishing / currently below Everton

Home 20-7-4
Away 14-11-6
Total 34-18-10 average 38 games 63

Teams above

Home 5-8-12
Away 4-8-13

Total 9-16-25 average 38 games 33 points

So a bit like Moyes with a bit more passing

With a sharper knife? As I have said previously, these last couple of years Roberto has been taking a gun to a knife fight and coming away with multiple stab wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back