Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the bbc interview. Lots of football insider info I wasn't aware of, apparently at this stage of the season you don't talk about results but only the games in front of you, also we haven't recovered from the fa cup semi final and finally we can beat norwich and give our season a good feeling.

Can't wait for Sunday now
Lol

not only is that an absolute Everton legend speaking, that's an Evertonian who can see what we can all see.

the players, management and boardroom are an embarrassment to this club.

And ALL should be given the boot ...........

Martinez back at Wigan, Stones at city nursing his `poorly tummy` Barklay at United with his Mummy holding his hand and saying `no rosco they are not booing you` and Lukaku back at Chelsea enjoying his Champions League ..... that they have not got again ...............

Unprofessionalism breeds unprofessionalism.

Management set the tone.

Its why we have such a good forum and website. Management set the tone.

If something is unacceptable. You can bet @GrandOldTeam lets people know about it.
I nearly liked this post in full agreement with your first two lines, but threw up over my laptop reading the second two lines and level of boot licking

That BBC interview.

He goes on about the goals.

First goal, yeh he admits it's disappointing (Joel seemed to struggle to remember how to walk)

But then the second and third he puts down to luck.

Earlier in the season, a lot of the goals we conceded were a bit of both bad luck and bad marking.

Tonight, it was all just down to a total inability to defend that has slowly got worse over the course of the season.

He can't accept it and that will be his downfall as a manager, ultimately.

I could see him thinking "Please don't pull out the Osman quote about practicing set pieces"

I am not really a football fan! I am an Everton fan, i dont eatch matches we arent playing in, i know nothing of European football and never watch the International games unless there are loads of our palyers in the team. So you could say my interest in the game is a bit niche? Having said that, i am a passionate Evertonian, long time season ticket holder etc. Yet tonight, watching that match, i didnt care that we were getting walked over? I didnt want Sunderland to win, but I didnt care that they were? Never felt liek this before about Everton, and as a 56 year old, i can promise you I Have seen some dark times for my club.

That really upsets me and i dont know what to do about it?.i will be at the Norwich game, and will boo all the incompetents and malcontents who have brought our club so low, but i am genuinely scared that soemthing has gone, something fundamental has been erased by this shower of [Poor language removed]! Very upsetting!

"Today, we competed for every ball, were full of effort and intent in wanting to win but the luck at the moment is not on our side."We have an opportunity now on Sunday against Norwich to put in a big effort and try to finish with a good performance."

How can he keep a straight face when he says the above. He is so deluded its unbelievable. Just admit we are crap, the system and tactics arent working and the players have downed tools. At least us as fans would have a little more respect than the absolute crock of sh"t we have to hear and read after each game!

Exactly. But it's why they call him the fraud.

And ALL should be given the boot ...........

Martinez back at Wigan, Stones at city nursing his `poorly tummy` Barklay at United with his Mummy holding his hand and saying `no rosco they are not booing you` and Lukaku back at Chelsea enjoying his Champions League ..... that they have not got again ...............

yeh we'd definitely be better off...

Maybe, just maybe, things have changed.

Nobody in their right mind would dump him without assurances that a new man is as good as in place. Moshiri would look like a bit of a chump if he binned Martinez off, and then struggled to get in his list of targets.

I'm not sure how that would be an issue. Not as if there's a lack of time to bring anyone in, and there is a plethora of managers out there better than RM. Moshiri sitting by while the season has disintegrated around us for the second season running is more perturbing.

I am not really a football fan! I am an Everton fan, i dont eatch matches we arent playing in, i know nothing of European football and never watch the International games unless there are loads of our palyers in the team. So you could say my interest in the game is a bit niche? Having said that, i am a passionate Evertonian, long time season ticket holder etc. Yet tonight, watching that match, i didnt care that we were getting walked over? I didnt want Sunderland to win, but I didnt care that they were? Never felt liek this before about Everton, and as a 56 year old, i can promise you I Have seen some dark times for my club.

That really upsets me and i dont know what to do about it?.i will be at the Norwich game, and will boo all the incompetents and malcontents who have brought our club so low, but i am genuinely scared that soemthing has gone, something fundamental has been erased by this shower of [Poor language removed]! Very upsetting!

I feel for you man. I can't be there but I want to boo them like I'm there. I don't like criticizing players but at this point "playing what the manager wants" doesn't carry that much weight anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back