Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, in the unlikely event that we take 16-20 points for our remaining games and end up around the 60 point mark in a Europa qualifying berth, and win the FA Cup, would the 'out' vote have a rethink?
And, if we were to get just 4-10 points and go out in the semi would the 'in' vote change?

Or is it cast in stone, and more a vote on the managers persona and general ability rather than form?

Good question mate. Personally if we got another 18-20 points in form that would point to an upturn in form and consistency and along with a cup I've no doubt he would be given a clean slate with a lot of fans.

Problem is, the chances of that happening are slim as proved over the course of 18 months. His deficiencies become more glaringly obvious by the week, the fans aren't happy and the media have also cottoned onto him as well which makes for an unpleasant ride.

I know your a fan of his mate and I respect that, be honest though do you trust him to get pre season right after the Euros, do you think he's learned his lesson after the world cup or do you think he will give players long extended holidays, players who might only play a few minutes in the Euros.

Me personally, I'm dreading having him oversee this pre season. He doesn't work the players hard enough, tactically they are inept because he is himself inept and we don't look mentally strong enough to cope with the challenges that the Premier League serves up.

All imo the above though mate.

I know it's tongue in cheek, but it seems there a few who would never change their mind regardless of what he did now. Amazing but true!
Testosterone and stubbornness. No one likes being utterly wrong. Fortunately I had Martinez number from day 1.
200w.gif

I know it's tongue in cheek, but it seems there a few who would never change their mind regardless of what he did now. Amazing but true!

I'm not the type who won't accept when times up, however, I can still see what RM is trying to do here. It's a fine line between success and failure in most walks of life and football is no exception. I've seen enough to give me hope that it's worth sticking with, but equally understand that now some have had enough. At times our offensive play has been as fantastic as our defensive play has been abysmal....I want to be entertained, and with reference to another comment in the thread just now, Tony Pulis may have a slightly better win ratio but Christ on a bike I couldn't watch that anti-football week-in, week-out.

I remember begrudgingly admiring Martinez when he said that, rather than making system changes, it it was prudent to 'get better at plan A rather than have a plan B'. Bit mental (in our second season ) but could still be understood.

He's now clearly abandoning this approach as he keeps flirting with three at the back - which had no benefit yesterday second half and totally destabilised the team in the last 15 mins vs Villa. If he no longer believes it any more, his time is truly coming to an end.

Probably unavoidable really as new owners invariably bring in their own choices and fair play, it's their money.

I remember begrudgingly admiring Martinez when he said that, rather than making system changes, it it was prudent to 'get better at plan A rather than have a plan B'. Bit mental (in our second season ) but could still be understood.

He's now clearly abandoning this approach as he keeps flirting with three at the back - which had no benefit yesterday second half and totally destabilised the team in the last 15 mins vs Villa. If he no longer believes it any more, his time is truly coming to an end.

Probably unavoidable really as new owners invariably bring in their own choices and fair play, it's their money.

Yep, an absolute mental time to now start with trying to get 3 at the back. All due to trying to shoe Stones in the side imo.

Yesterday it didn't change anything whatsoever except that Baines looked absolutely lost 2nd half and didn't have a clue where he was supposed to be or what he was supposed to be doing and totally nullified anything that Lennon may have been able to do.

It basically ensured that we weren't going to get any kind of foothold in the game and once again he didn't react to it not working and just left it as it was.

I'm not the type who won't accept when times up, however, I can still see what RM is trying to do here. It's a fine line between success and failure in most walks of life and football is no exception. I've seen enough to give me hope that it's worth sticking with, but equally understand that now some have had enough. At times our offensive play has been as fantastic as our defensive play has been abysmal....I want to be entertained, and with reference to another comment in the thread just now, Tony Pulis may have a slightly better win ratio but Christ on a bike I couldn't watch that anti-football week-in, week-out.

The Pulis comment was made by me, as I think it needs pointing out just how he is performing with a side he has at his disposal that the likes of Pulis has never had. Nothing to do with the style of football and nor am I remotely advocating we should ever consider a manager like Tony Pulis at Everton.

I have changed from yesterday onwards, it may sound fickle.

I have bided my time over past 12months thinking he will get it right, but he seems very stubborn in his ways, he also takes everton fans for fools and he should never do that example, when we play bad STOP trying to say how good the performance is (West Ham ) he made a massive mistake own up to it, he would have got more respect from us all.

Like what others have said the players don't look fit enough to play 90 minutes.

We win and theres 2 pages extra in this thread...we lose against arsenal no less and there 50 pages more.

Interesting.

Maybe because the vast majority of people want him out as the manager, myself included, when we beat Cheslea - what you want me to do - come in here post that i still want him out so the few pro martinez posters can comment about 'why not enjoy the win laaa, proper bad fan you are - want us to get beat or sumkin'?

Tells you a lot though, win the QF and Martinez has that much support that we had a total of 2 pages in a thread saying should he stay or go, 2 pages to support a manager who just reached a semi - Zat he is done mate, matter of when now, the bloke has lost the fans, looks like he's lost half the players, his only support really is Bill Kenwright and @davek the most unlikely partnership in the history of Everton

We look lost and clueless, there doesn't seem to be a plan A let alone a plan B.

Last week, Lukaku saved him with a brilliant goal, that had nothing to do with tactics, Rom decided enough was enough and did the business.

A cup win would be tremendous, but at what long term cost if we then persist with him in charge, like this season has shown, he could sign messi with the Moshiri investment but we'd still lose most games 4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back