Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, but the overall effect was we still won jack.....unless two games against Villareal really count as a Champions League season. Granted we punched above our weight at times under Moyes, but having travelled all over the place and across Europe to watch his ultra-negative away tactics I can't bring myself to say he was such an improvement on Walter. An improvement granted, but not as good as we should have expected with a change of manager of that type. In truth, we swapped a dour Scot for, you guessed it, a dour Scot.
It would be like swapping Martinez for Rodgers.
in fairness to moyes he took over a team battling relegation and banished that over his reign , got a decent squad together on a shoestring , unfortunately fell short in the big games, but we were a million times stronger than when he took over, big joe to Walker(who i think the current manager is looking more like every passing week) well anybody that was around at the time will tell you what an improvement that was, still say it was one of the worst days in are recent history the day big joe walked out, he was the last person in charge who didn't buy into the plucky little Everton mantra.
We need a new manager, even a cup win will not change that, he isn't good enough to take us forward.

Usmanov lets Moshiri represent him at board level in several of his company's, you don't work for a boss like that unless you can make tough calculated decisions.

Moshiri is not going to invest his money to sit midtable, he's looking at nowhere but the top 4.

If he looks at what Martinez has done these last two seasons, the stats, the class squad he's got, he'd fire him this summer, simple as that.

But he's going to have Bill in his ear trying to defend Martinez because Bill's a soft touch and doesn't do sacking managers.

One thing is clear, there is pressure on Martinez now much more than he had a month ago or at any time he's been here.

We look lost and clueless, there doesn't seem to be a plan A let alone a plan B.

Last week, Lukaku saved him with a brilliant goal, that had nothing to do with tactics, Rom decided enough was enough and did the business.

A cup win would be tremendous, but at what long term cost if we then persist with him in charge, like this season has shown, he could sign messi with the Moshiri investment but we'd still lose most games 4-3.

Exactly, last weeks win was great, but the performance wasn't. Lukaku won us that game.

We win and theres 2 pages extra in this thread...we lose against arsenal no less and there 50 pages more.

Interesting.
Just an indication of how personality cults work. I think there's signs of obsession with Mourinho and Mirallas and a part of personality cults is to condemn anyone who stands in their way. So when we lose there's a concerted attack on Martinez/Cleverley even poor Niasse.
Lots of reasonable arguments on both sides but easy to spot the cultists from their other obsessions and the theory that if you repeat something enough times it becomes true. Hence 50 pages.
Not to worry though if they follow the pattern at some point they'll be convinced by Super Kev to swallow poison unless he's back in the first team.
A tragedy on a human level but it'll be a bit quieter on this thread.

At least, n his post match presser, he was honest enough to concede that we were phenomenal, nor in a good moment of our football. But when asked whether he would be addressing directly with the players their apparent apathy, he started talking about Gareth Barry and how much we missed him. He's a slippery snake oil salesman that R Martinez...should have been a politician.
Get rid of him asap.

I no longer just want him sacked, I want him deported.

He can play Kone all he wants
He can even leave Mirallas on the bench
He can lose games

But now hes just trying to ruin Besic?

Nar, get out and take your fing Mural with you utter Spanish biff.
until we beat UTD?

Taps nose mate, you don't really expect me to name my source ? Just passing on something I was told at match yesterday. You either believe it or ignore, simples.
Fair enough was more just enquiring into the reliability of the source, Pienaar's been fit for a while and hasn't been getting a game so wouldn't be surprised if he had a tiff.

We look lost and clueless, there doesn't seem to be a plan A let alone a plan B..
That's the embarrassing part of when we play at home for the last two seasons. We still continue to attempt a system which is pretty ineffective.

Then people demand or expect that a few substitutions will make a marked difference to our play, yet we're still attempting the same system.

People were screaming for Deulofeu yesterday which I understand, but I simply couldn't see what difference he would have made yesterday.

That's not besmirching him, rather the fact that we simply weren't playing an effective game yesterday regardless of who was on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back