Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about Martinez this morning and I'm nailing my colours to "he has to go".

Strip out the fluffy stuff, yes he's a nice guy, yes he totally "gets" Everton - of that there is little doubt.

The real stuff though is week in week out preparing a team that can play to its potential, that maximises results relative to the resources available to it.

On this score he fails miserably, we are a shadow of the team we should be given the playing resources available to Martinez. Not only do individual players consistently not perform to the levels they are capable of, there is a minimal level of tactical awareness and a mental fragility that can only come from the preparation activities of the manager and coaching team in between matches.

I am certain Moshiri will not find this level of management acceptable, I suspect in the absence of an available candidate he favours, Martinez will see it through to the end of the season, but not beyond it.

It's a great shame that the Martinez dream has not translated into reality on the pitch, a genuine shame as almost without exception Martinez has carried a huge amount of goodwill. However the reality is that he lacks the skills to execute his fine ideals.

very well put post mate

said before i've seen managers i absolutely loved fail and be justifiably sacked before - ?Harvey being the best example, Martinez left clubs himself to go to better clubs - we can let him go for a better manager - thats how the game works, not good enough, taking us backwards when everything else is looking brighter, make the change soon as the season end - regardless of the fa cup IMO

Thought about Martinez this morning and I'm nailing my colours to "he has to go".

Strip out the fluffy stuff, yes he's a nice guy, yes he totally "gets" Everton - of that there is little doubt.

The real stuff though is week in week out preparing a team that can play to its potential, that maximises results relative to the resources available to it.

On this score he fails miserably, we are a shadow of the team we should be given the playing resources available to Martinez. Not only do individual players consistently not perform to the levels they are capable of, there is a minimal level of tactical awareness and a mental fragility that can only come from the preparation activities of the manager and coaching team in between matches.

I am certain Moshiri will not find this level of management acceptable, I suspect in the absence of an available candidate he favours, Martinez will see it through to the end of the season, but not beyond it.

It's a great shame that the Martinez dream has not translated into reality on the pitch, a genuine shame as almost without exception Martinez has carried a huge amount of goodwill. However the reality is that he lacks the skills to execute his fine ideals.
It's almost exactly how the Wigan fans stated how it would be, and they were surprised by his first season.
I genuinely feel for the guy, but in the recent interviews with players, and probably could be a continental thing, but they often refer to him as a good coach, not manager.

Err, that's what Lukaku is paid to do, win us games by scoring goals.

Also, last weeks win was a battling performance, something Martinez has been accused of not being able to get out of us.

Yes he is,doesn't detract from that being the case though.

Also as for the second comment, whoopee do, we managed one performance where we were a little more resilient, let's crack open the manager of the month magnum!

I have no idea. But DaveK is right, it's pointless moaning about him because he'll be here next season unfortunately.

It's not pointless at all. This is an Everton forum where people are supposed to be allowed to vent their opinion, otherwise you may as well close the forum down.

As for DaveK's opinion on that, it's just his opinion and carries no more weight whatsoever. We might carry on being pants until the end of the season and then the board will be forced to address the situation.

Bill also liked Walter, didn't stop him from giving him the boot did it?

Yes he is,doesn't detract from that being the case though.

Also as for the second comment, whoopee do, we managed one performance where we were a little more resilient, let's crack open the manager of the month magnum!

Detract from the point that Martinez brought Lukaku in to do a job, to score goals that win us games, obviously Martinez doesn't get credit for that though does he.

By the way, nice touch of sarcasm

Detract from the point that Martinez brought Lukaku in to do a job, to score goals that win us games, obviously Martinez doesn't get credit for that though does he.

I don't think there are many people who will begrudge Martinez credit for certain signings (Rom, Del, Besic).

It's just that his onfield tactical limitations make those signings worthless because those signings are stuck in a team which is doomed before the ball is kicked, most of the time.

By the way, nice touch of sarcasm
Stop playing the victim. Of course Martinez gets credit for the squad he's built, including Lukaku. The better the squad the higher the expectation. He's done brilliantly in the market in the Main and also well to keep the squad together. That's why these results hurt and league position distresses. We should be much higher. That's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back