Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bob.webp

@Jags..class

Nicked orf the TWITTER like...

Oh great players, especially Kante.
I like Leicester and hope they win the league.
I just don't like that style of play, its very Moyes up to his last 18 months. I also like Moyes incidentally.

What I like about our Bob is he sets us up to have the ball, to dictate the game, to carve the opponents open.

What I don't like is how open we are when we achieve this. he doesn't either as he's commented on it publically.

My original opinion remains. If we can achieve success with fast, possession based, counter attacking football, like a Spanish version of Utd from the 90/00s then that's what I want. I'd be happy to wait at least until this Christmas for signs that the manager can shore us up.

If he can't then I'll jump ship and I'll admit defeat.

Can't say fairer than that mate.

If you look at Arsenal on Saturday they leave 4 back most of the time away from home and at home. Leicester do this as do Spurs they have cover for the counter attack. Which is what Leicester and Spurs play. They spring forward quick but leave players at the back. That is why it is only a small tweak at home as we are quite effective away from home. It is our 'openness' that has resulted in us having a poor home record and conceding the most home goals in the top 5. Likewise, away from home we play a more reserved counter attacking game and have conceded less with only 5 other teams in the top 5 divisions having conceded less than us.

I'm with you on the Christmas shout. But I think he will get it right.

He is mate. I repeat, GK, CB and a playmaker and watch us fly.
These are things he could of sorted. CB mori- ok, promoted stones, bought Alcaraz. GK stuck with T- How, decided Barkley was our No.10.
Maybe his footy just isn't suited to the English game. We were pretty good in Europe. Some may say we bombed against Kiev, but Alcaraz did his thing and Barkley hit the woodwork twice with worldies. Their worldies flew in. (May have blinkered memory of the game as have never watched the recording)

Yep it's OK with Wigan and you expect to see improvement at a better club but this season he gone back to Wigan levels which is concerning

It really looks like Martinez is an idealist who brings brilliance and poo in same time. I give him 5 games. Then I make the ultimate decision and I think Im where the board is in this case too.

Another thought about the manager.

Everyone saying he will get it right, give him time etc......

What if come next season, oppositition managers finally have a way to play against us much more effectively? Limit our attacking play and how to get through the defense, do we wait another year before martinez 'gets it right' and adapts? I mean his tactics are largely similar as they were 5 years ago so it just takes one manager to figure out how to stop us before they all follow suit.

Not improbable to think that other managers could figure him out and lead to another bad season of results.

Average attendances;

38 200 2015-16

38 400 2014-15

37 700 2013-14 Martinez

36 300 2012-13

33 200 2011-12

35 900 2010-11

36 7000 2009-10

More and more games are selling out. Seems like Evertonians still want to pay their money and see the team.

Another thought about the manager.

Everyone saying he will get it right, give him time etc......

What if come next season, oppositition managers finally have a way to play against us much more effectively? Limit our attacking play and how to get through the defense, do we wait another year before martinez 'gets it right' and adapts? I mean his tactics are largely similar as they were 5 years ago so it just takes one manager to figure out how to stop us before they all follow suit.

Not improbable to think that other managers could figure him out and lead to another bad season of results.

Thankfully we have things that can't be figured out

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back