Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Average attendances;

38 200 2015-16

38 400 2014-15

37 700 2013-14 Martinez

36 300 2012-13

33 200 2011-12

35 900 2010-11

36 7000 2009-10

More and more games are selling out. Seems like Evertonians still want to pay their money and see the team.

Pity about the tripe they are being served up then really isn't it.

Bit difficult to do a Bobby and blame the crowd when people are still spending the cash.

(this one hasn't really worked out again for you has it?)

Let's just say, purely as an example, that he brings in this summer:

Timo Horn (never seen him play but you lot all spaff over him)
Ryan Shawcross (or some other proven, old fashioned defender)
Yarmolenko
Danny Drinkwater

Some of these are maybe ridiculous, granted. If he did bring the above in, would you be happy to give him 6 months of genuine support?

No.

Cleverly was Martinez' No.1 target for a while - over a season and a half. He was the missing piece of the jigsaw, and even with him we've regressed (And I think Cleverly's alright, meself, when used in the centre).

So what'd be the excuse if those targets didn't work? (And there's no guarantees they will)

So, no. Martinez has had time, he's brought in players and he's ran out of excuses.

Thankfully we have things that can't be figured out

lol.gif
You really think he will still be here after another season of this rubbish

Pity about the tripe they are being served up then really isn't it.

Bit difficult to do a Bobby and blame the crowd when people are still spending the cash.

(this one hasn't really worked out again for you has it?)

Play 'tripe' but still turn up. Every other team that doesn't cut it with supporters sees their attendances plummet. Manu didn't even sell out last week against LFC because they 'play tripe'. I always knew Evertonians were special thanks for confirming it.

Hasn't really worked out for you has it, old bean.

Play 'tripe' but still turn up. Every other team that doesn't cut it with supporters sees their attendances plummet. Manu didn't even sell out last week against LFC because they 'play tripe'. I always knew Evertonians were special thanks for confirming it.

Evertonians special, Martinez and his brand of failing football not special.

You're struggling again aren't you mate lol

Back on ignore you go.

Evertonians special, Martinez and his brand of failing football not special.

You're struggling again aren't you mate lol

Back on ignore you go.

Selling out more and more games, attendances up. Always knew we were a special bunch us Evertoninans, buck the trend we do.

With a few tweaks here and there, keep 4 back and bring Delofeu in the home form will improve.

By the way old bean, thanks for putting me back on ignore - why the hell did you take me off it, I'll never know. Weird.

Be interesting to see if there are any more performances like last week where the players didn't seem to try. If there are then in my opinion he has been told already that there are going to be changes and he's not part of them. Players would seem to also know if this was the case. It would explain the performance to some extent.

My opinion only by the way but my gut tells me something's changed. For the record my gut is never wrong when it tells me I'm hungry.

Average attendances;

38 200 2015-16

38 400 2014-15

37 700 2013-14 Martinez

36 300 2012-13

33 200 2011-12

35 900 2010-11

36 7000 2009-10

More and more games are selling out. Seems like Evertonians still want to pay their money and see the team.
Yeah. Moaning is part of the experience but loads can remember how soulless it's been in the past I reckon and prefer the frustration.
Despite the hysteria from some I suspect the majority really do buy into what the club is looking to do. A huge chunk might be very skeptical about whether Martinez will be the one to bring success with it but expectation has been raised.
The results at home will be better next season as we are dominating games and this side will be more mature so we are a long way from any sort of crisis. Whether we could do even better under a different manager is another matter and a gamble. For now I think the board don't want to change direction and fans are turning up so I think he's here till either the squad loses faith or a manager who's likely to buy into long term aims and is a safer bet becomes available.

Just pottering on Google last night, and in Wigan's last four seasons in the Prem (under RM) they conceded an astonishing 275 goals in 152 games. Across the same four seasons, Everton conceded 174.
So far in 2015/16, we have conceded 41 goals in 29 games, extrapolated over 152 games (completely unscientific I know) that would be 215 goals, far worse than under Moyes but still nothing like as bad as Wigan were in terms of their defensive organisation and coaching set up. But clearly, the complete and utter Wiganisation of our defence is well under way and it is only getting worse.

Yeah. Moaning is part of the experience but loads can remember how soulless it's been in the past I reckon and prefer the frustration.
Despite the hysteria from some I suspect the majority really do buy into what the club is looking to do. A huge chunk might be very skeptical about whether Martinez will be the one to bring success with it but expectation has been raised.
The results at home will be better next season as we are dominating games and this side will be more mature so we are a long way from any sort of crisis. Whether we could do even better under a different manager is another matter and a gamble. For now I think the board don't want to change direction and fans are turning up so I think he's here till either the squad loses faith or a manager who's likely to buy into long term aims and is a safer bet becomes available.

The majority don't believe Martinez is the man

Also expectation has been lowered. We are expected to think that 12th is ok now.
Bobby has managed our expectations for a great season downward from champions league qualification to 12th and a cup semi final.

So the fans should just accept the losses and shut up?

Championship here we come with that attitude

Be interesting to see if there are any more performances like last week where the players didn't seem to try. If there are then in my opinion he has been told already that there are going to be changes and he's not part of them. Players would seem to also know if this was the case. It would explain the performance to some extent.

My opinion only by the way but my gut tells me something's changed. For the record my gut is never wrong when it tells me I'm hungry.
Not sure they didn't try exactly. Was low key but it seemed more like they were strangers.
Had a bad feeling before the game. Don't know what it was. Possible a come down from Chelsea. Think we may be reading too much into it because it wasn't this season's pattern. That kind of performance has been commonplace in the past though. You might even get away with it with some teams but Arsenal are the type who smell blood.
I'd also be very surprised if anyone on the board would disrupt the squad by revealing anything while there's a semi final on the horizon.

That's because we have a great bunch of committed supporters. Despite the utter nonsense spouted on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back