Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously do not read that properly. I said what if next season, Everton gets 11th again. That is 3 seasons in a row, finishing at midtable...do you still believe he is the right person?
I read it fine.

The Martinez brigade believe that our stuttering and inconsistent campaign is due to a combination of reasons:

Martinez and his loyalty, namely to Howard.
The natural consequence of introducing youth
The natural consequence of introducing inexperience
The natural consequence of a huge rebuilding job, in style, in mentality
The natural consequence of having limited transfer windows to bring in players progressively
The natural consequence of a financial model of bringing in talented young players with potential rather than their 28 year oldw equivalents

They are just the ones I can think of.
The model has changed. We are billionaires. We can't spend that until the summer. in effect the process starts again but from a far more competitive playing field.

So yes, we think that mid table is acceptable providing he bring in quality in mass this summer.

I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Reeks of an agenda and a blindless to give even the most subtle of credits.

So for an entire season we just stumbled across 72 points?

I repeat:

What?

That was then, this is now, God, stop with the 72 points bullcrap.

Last Season and this Season, getting beat by no marks at Goodison every week, footballl touched by horse crap, ive been patient, more than patient, ive given the man 18months to improve, at no point have I been anything but fair, but hes been found wanting, over and over again, hopefully we win the cup, its the least this squad deserves, the squad he built, its IMO, amazing, not perfect, but its got so much good going for it, its spearhead is possibly 1 of the best feared strikers in Europe and it sits in 12th, after finishing almost the same place last season.

So thanks a lot for that 72 point season Roberto, stick that on your CV when you apply for the Crewe job, but in an utter bit, take your wannabe Barca tactics and stick em where the sun dont shine.

I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Reeks of an agenda and a blindless to give even the most subtle of credits.

So for an entire season we just stumbled across 72 points?

I repeat:

What?

I said he has a point not that he's completely right. No need for the A bomb mate. Ha.

My concern in the first season that I've stated many times on here is that there were a lot of games where we started off with the wrong team. We would be behind or 0-0 after an hour or so then we'd win it from the bench. Pienaar Osman Mirallas Naismith were absolutely crucial in changing games that season. None of them his players, all have since been deemed not good enough for the team and results have nosedived. There was also an inordinate number of direct free kicks and wonder goals that season. Neither of these have been kept up.

I thought Martinez might recognise these things, replace Pienaar and Osman with top playmakers, continue to make match changing subs, spread the goals over the team. He's done none of those things, the whole thing just fell of a cliff which leads me to believe that maybe he didn't know what he was doing that first season, he had some very good players that won games for him perhaps in spite of the system. That is the only logical conclusion you can draw as to why Martibez has been unable to come close to replicating that first season.

I read it fine.

The Martinez brigade believe that our stuttering and inconsistent campaign is due to a combination of reasons:

The natural consequence of having limited transfer windows to bring in players progressively
The natural consequence of a financial model of bringing in talented young players with potential rather than their 28 year oldw equivalents

The model has changed. We are billionaires. We can't spend that until the summer. in effect the process starts again but from a far more competitive playing field.

So yes, we think that mid table is acceptable providing he bring in quality in mass this summer.

Haha clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Stoke and even your West Broms and Watford are outperforming us with worse players. Have a day off with the lame excuses.

Why does the forum always have to be serious?
There's a time and place for seriousness and a time and place for fun.

The cup win will buy him more time but he'll always be judged on league results.
If he can't turn those around this season/struggles start of next season most will be baying for his head regardless of the cup win.

There is a time and a place for what you infer but do we need folk trying to be smart asses with their comments, if they do not agree why not just ignore and not reply.

Perhaps a thread is needed in the Alehouse just for some folk to practise their smart ass posts.

That was then, this is now, God, stop with the 72 points bullcrap.

Last Season and this Season, getting beat by no marks at Goodison every week, footballl touched by horse crap, ive been patient, more than patient, ive given the man 18months to improve, at no point have I been anything but fair, but hes been found wanting, over and over again, hopefully we win the cup, its the least this squad deserves, the squad he built, its IMO, amazing, not perfect, but its got so much good going for it, its spearhead is possibly 1 of the best feared strikers in Europe and it sits in 12th, after finishing almost the same place last season.

So thanks a lot for that 72 point season Roberto, stick that on your CV when you apply for the Crewe job, but in an utter bit, take your wannabe Barca tactics and stick em where the sun dont shine.
Lol!
The only reason I've brought it up is the lad Brownz has decided that we bumbled our way through an entire season. Utterly bonkers.

I read it fine.

What youth have we introduced this season apart from Galloway for the first few games?

You mean the style that we've been building for 3 years, and that we (according to some) actually seemingly perfected in 2013/14 anyway?

I said he has a point not that he's completely right. No need for the A bomb mate. Ha.

My concern in the first season that I've stated many times on here is that there were a lot of games where we started off with the wrong team. We would be behind or 0-0 after an hour or so then we'd win it from the bench. Pienaar Osman Mirallas Naismith were absolutely crucial in changing games that season. None of them his players, all have since been deemed not good enough for the team and results have nosedived. There was also an inordinate number of direct free kicks and wonder goals that season. Neither of these have been kept up.

I thought Martinez might recognise these things, replace Pienaar and Osman with top playmakers, continue to make match changing subs, spread the goals over the team. He's done none of those things, the whole thing just fell of a cliff which leads me to believe that maybe he didn't know what he was doing that first season, he had some very good players that won games for him perhaps in spite of the system. That is the only logical conclusion you can draw as to why Martibez has been unable to come close to replicating that first season.
As ever, I like the way you make the point but I don't agree. I know you don't mind that though

I read it fine.

Although I don't agree with the abovementioned "reasons" I respect that. We have a huge gulf of what we believing in.

I deem midtable is unacceptable let alone 3rd season in a row. Everton does not deserve midtable. I don't want further regression. 2 seasons with crap league form and position is enough for me and a lot of fans. That's where we draw the line.

Haha clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Stoke and even your West Broms and Watford are outperforming us with worse players. Have a day off with the lame excuses.
Translation:

Despite being asked a question, lay off with your opinions on a supporters forum.

Ok mate.

You're dead ace.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back