Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the only reasonable way to view it mate. He's been here three seasons and has had us 5th with a record points haul and has us in two cup SFs (and hopefully further) and we're scoring goals like never before. I mean wtf are people expecting here from the net spend the feller has had? He;s bought one big fee signing (who has been mint) and the rest are small or reasonable fees. 'Challenging for CL football every season'. Dear me.
But that record 72 points you go on about would have us CL most other seasons, a feat he has not been able to reproduce or even come close too.
Did he not say when he first turned up that he would get us CL football?
I think we're well within our rights to expect this team to at least be challenging for top 4.

No that is incorrect, it was a vastly enjoyable win but we did not play them off the park. In fact the media had it down until Rom's piece of excellence has a bit of bore.

Agree we never played them off the park, and up to a point it wasn't the best game to watch, but it was a battling performance where we stood up to Chelsea, the type of performance Martinez has been criticised for not being able to get out of us.

Just wish Martinez would realise sometimes he needs to change how we play to win a game, like parking the bus against West Ham when your 2 up and down to 10 men.

Last edited:

Hi everyone, 1st post (I believe)

Martinez had a great 1st season with the record points haul and the football we played. His 2nd season, maybe you could use the excuse of Europe and the first time he's had to get used to 4 competitions. This season we've had no distractions and are pretty much, in a poor standard compared to previous premier league seasons, where we were this time last season. I'm starting to think that this could be the norm. We've had 4 home wins, he's currently battling with Mike Walker for the worst home record award. I get that we are better away from home but surely your home form is what you rely on. Normally you win your home games and pick up points away from home, but we're not even picking up points at home. The football isn't fast and attacking, it's predictable and the opposition know to let us have the ball as that is when we are most vulnerable. I'm not going to sit here and name managers who should take over but I know I don't want to give Martinez another season. His excuses are poor, his subs are baffling and we need to find other ways of playing. He comes across as a nice guy, he's very positive but I want an adaptable manager and a winner

The cup win against Chelsea was a great result, no doubt about it. However if you look at how we played before Lukaku's first goal it was far from a great performance. We beat Chelsea because of the brilliance of one player. Look at how Lukaku was reacting prior to the goal, he looks like he is in total dispare with the service he is getting.

I hope the people moaning about league position will not celebrate the FA cup in spite of not winning the prestigious 7th place trophy.

Just stand up and do a clap.

I hope that people who support Martinez will still celebrate league wins under a new manager. After all, we all want a successful Everton. Team plot are nice like that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back