Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly it doesn't matter who we sign.

You can have all the top players in the world but if your full backs are anywhere but full back, your centre backs are left one v one and your team is as fragile as a five year old you stand no chance.

Not havin that. Our full backs have been bombing forward for years. There were times that Baines and Pienaar were our offense.

Honestly the biggest difference with our defense is we haven't replaced Distin. He wasn't the best footballer, but he had genuine pace and power (until last season) which snuffed out a ton of counters.

That second goal for Arsenal would not have happened under Distin's watch. He would have beat the man for pace and it would have easily been cleaned up.

But I'm sorry, we have had a ton of success with our full backs bombing forward.

It's fickle and hysterical nonsense most of it.

The reality is what it is. Sorry about that like. Quote all your twitter and blogosphere lynch mobs all you like. They don't make a blind bit of difference to the goings on at Everton.

CeBHgNtXEAE43mg.jpg

His system with FBs is not to always have them flying up the line. As said he's varied it with at least one more conservative FB...and the introduction again of Lennon in the team makes us effectively sounder on the right if Coleman is the one tasked with getting up deep into the opposition half.

There's some utter bollocks talked about how Martinez is too rigid. There's criticisms that re legitimate concerning his prolonged perseverance with Howard and Stones, but most if it is just unthinking nonsense.

From what I've seen this season, Martinez is lacking as a manager and as a coach. He's limited (just as Moyes was limited) and I think we can attract better quality now that Moshiri is in town. If we don't win the FA cup this year it will be a very interesting summer...however if we do win the cup then I think he may hang onto his job but only for a few more months until he gets found out again next season. Either way we will have a new manager by this time next year - Vault me!

So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?

Well an interesting day, but nothing to counter the argument that Martinez does not possess all the necessary skills to manage a sustained bid on the top four positions.

Re questions as to the viability of this as an ambition or ideal, historically or indeed contemporary, well given the current occupants of the top 6 places there's absolutely no reason why Everton should not realistically be part of that - other than the fact we are not.

Martinez said on joining Everton that he had been "given an incredible platform from which to continue.....to the next level".

Sadly three years on, despite his best efforts, he has not been able to match his ambitions with deeds.

It's not personal, but he's proven himself incapable of performing to the levels he claimed himself.

If we are to achieve our ambitions and expectations based on the resources available to us, we must change the management team.

I'm sure this is not lost on Mr. Moshiri.

I think this is an accurate summary of how things are.

So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?

Hes spent 100m on players, to take us from 5th to 12th.

Howay the fraud.

They don't make a blind bit of difference to the goings on at Everton.

Again this is true. Have a go at Davek all you want but all he's doing is quoting the chairmen and illustrating how we've been run for at least the last twenty years. Why would it change now? We're hoping what Moshiri will bring to the table but no one knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back