Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?
Dave, you keep missing the worst EVER home performance by an Everton manager from your stats!

People are going to start to think you're bias.

We can quote all the stats and charts we want. Is it the players fault? No, the general consensus is it's Martinez. Because he overseas them, set the tactics, doesn't have the skill set etc...Well ask yourself this question. If we are going to follow that reasoning. Who bloody hired Martinez? If Martinez is responsible for the poor form of players. Who's responsible for the poor form of the manager? The ire shot at Martinez on this forum is completely misplaced if you want to get angry, look at the elephant in the room. Tell me where the buck ultimately stops?

BnM6b1kMDh-8.png

Say you work a minimum wage job, and you don't like the pay. Do you go to your manager and have a fit. No, because he doesn't pay your wage. Some anonymous corporate accountant somewhere sets it, based on the owner or shareholders diktat. Giving Martinez flak is a complete waste of time. Sure you can think your manager is incompetent, won't make a blind bit of difference to the people at the top. They hire him to do a job. All Davek is saying is that according to the board, Martinez is doing that job.

Say you work a minimum wage job, and you don't like the pay. Do you go to your manager and have a fit. No, because he doesn't pay your wage. Some anonymous corporate accountant somewhere sets it, based on the owner or shareholders diktat. Giving Martinez flak is a complete waste of time. Sure you can think your manager is incompetent, won't make a blind bit of difference to the people at the top. They hire him to do a job. All Davek is saying is that according to the board, Martinez is doing that job.

He was for year one, then the wheels fell off. At the very least they expected stability after funding him, instead they got a slide down the table
unhappy players, unhappy fans and journalists who mock his philosophy and endless waffle
Even the board could not of expected this, all he had to do was leave everything alone ... simple

It was taken into account as wins and converting 2 point wins into 3.
Everton must win all three of their remaining home matches this season – against Southampton, Bournemouth and Norwich – to avoid being labelled the worst home performers in Everton's history.

Using three points for a win, Everton collected 24 home points in 1957/58 and 1888/89 and 25 in 1929/30 1996/97 and 1896/97.

They currently have 16.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...to-martinez-heading-unwanted-history-11068944

You don't know that and neither do I. I doubt they are delighted at performances being called out every week on Match of the Day.
Furthermore, the goalposts may have moved. Bill didn't have the money to pull the trigger, so would have just sat tight in the bunker with his fingers crossed.
We have no idea what the new owner thinks, but it is not uncommon for them to ring the changes.

Everton must win all three of their remaining home matches this season – against Southampton, Bournemouth and Norwich – to avoid being labelled the worst home performers in Everton's history.

Using three points for a win, Everton collected 24 home points in 1957/58 and 1888/89 and 25 in 1929/30 1996/97 and 1896/97.

They currently have 16.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...to-martinez-heading-unwanted-history-11068944

Yeah, and the season isn't over yet. Let's whack the manager with sticks that have already fallen from the tree before pulling new ones off aye, there's plenty of them laying on the ground right now as it is.

Even the board could not of expected this, all he had to do was leave everything alone ... simple

Ok, let me ask you this question. What do you sincerely believe the remit was for Moyes. I'll tell you my opinion. Don't get us relegated and try to have a good cup run. Tell me why our current managers remit is any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back