Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?

Why did you make that plural?

Thought we were the entertainers? Playing football touched by the gods? The best in the league? You've just said there that we effectively play a counterattacking game (that two of your biggest managerial targets Rodgers and Ranieri both did/do better) and we only play on the front foot if a poor side comes to Goodison but we can't currently break them down because Tarashaj is not ready (lol). Missing Pienaar? He's been fit for ages, frozen out the team by Roberto. Counterattacking is our obvious style? Not according to any of the football dished up in the first or second season, and not according to any press release from Roberto. In my opinion Martinez has adopted it this season to try and get some results but has not implemented it very successfully. Like the article says, it's confused and sporadic and a world away from the football he was talking about when he first arrived.

You talk about leadership amongst players being lacking. Are you still solely blaming Jags for this? When do we move onto Mori Robles Cleverley Barry McCarthy Lennon Lukaku (you kniw, most of the first team that Martinez bought). Why is he buying players without the necessary leadership qualities?

Mate, its the walking contradiction thread. He's staying on topic. Leave it out.

Hes spent 100m on players, to take us from 5th to 12th.

Howay the fraud.
£40m net spend in three years....and his signings have added about £150m to the club playing staff.

I bet BK and The Mush are made up....and they get to sit in the Royal box....twice.

Surface to cult missile.
710d3719b4866950108e82d1ee433e.gif

Again this is true. Have a go at Davek all you want but all he's doing is quoting the chairmen and illustrating how we've been run for at least the last twenty years. Why would it change now? We're hoping what Moshiri will bring to the table but no one knows for sure.
The first thing to do with the hysterical is to snap them back into the real world with some smelling salts. That's basically what I'm providing. A reality check. Of course, they get all ares with the one who intervenes.

Someone has to do it though.

I think this journalist sums it up !

@RhodriCannon, writer for Squawka and editor of Fresh Press was tasked with picking the bones out of this one.

A pretty disappointing game at the weekend to say the least, what did you make of it?
Saturday’s abysmal, spineless loss was the worst performance of our season and highlighted the deficiencies of Everton Football Club.

There was no urgency, no shape, no organisation, no idea. Seamus Coleman was playing in the centre of midfield for a substantial period of the second half.

Muhamed Besic was playing like an old Windows 98 computer that takes ages to switch on and the whole side couldn’t function without Gareth Barry, the ‘godfather’ of the team, according to Roberto Martinez.

Net spend is over David, the day we spent 28million on a striker, we became a money club.

100m on 22 players and we are utter rubbish.

NSNO
Utter rubbish. You get to call where we are utter rubbish when your Man Utd or Chelsea and have been scooping up the trophies for decades. This is Everton mate. Different gravy as that nobhead Merson might say.

We can quote all the stats and charts we want. Is it the players fault? No, the general consensus is it's Martinez. Because he overseas them, set the tactics, doesn't have the skill set etc...Well ask yourself this question. If we are going to follow that reasoning. Who bloody hired Martinez? If Martinez is responsible for the poor form of players. Who's responsible for the poor form of the manager? The ire shot at Martinez on this forum is completely misplaced if you want to get angry, look at the elephant in the room. Tell me where the buck ultimately stops?

It's fickle and hysterical nonsense most of it.

The reality is what it is. Sorry about that like. Quote all your twitter and blogosphere lynch mobs all you like. They don't make a blind bit of difference to the goings on at Everton.
They do make a difference because the papers have cottoned on. Martinez now spends every press conference defending his performance. It is the beginning of the end. Each week I watch match of the day pundits criticising his decisions. It's the way it eorks when you are higher profile. A cup win would buy time, but probably only till Christmas. If we suffer the annual mid season slump he would be gone at Christmas. If he does not win the cup, I am sure there will be a very serious examination of the team performance by the new owners. They need to decide whether to let Martinez invest the new money. I don't know what side they would come down on. Bill never got rid of people because of the cost, that may not be so much of a constraint now.

So, just to summarise, the main message is...

"Get out of the club, Martinez. And take your record points totals and Wembley appearances with you. You've been here three seasons and there's no Champions league trophy...and you've had £40m to spend".

Take a look in the mirror lads. How did it get to this point? When did the Geordiefication happen?

VFg6QPT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back