Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't realise that?

In this instance they dont matter because the fickle nature of fans are factored into decision making.

Honestly, I'm not on the wind up here, but trust me when I say that the board at Everton are just seeing a team that needs to get into the top half of the table, but one that was just swindled out of a cup final place and one with a massive amount of attacking flair getting plaudits from one and all and who individually Martinez has piled up the value on.

That is what they see.

They dont listen to footy forums and then go: "you know what, I reckon some lads called The Humble Egg and Ian-efc off GOT are right. Roberto has to go".

They way you are stating it is that paid up evertonians cannot have an opinion on they way the team is run or how we play?

But every club benefits from that so in terms of getting ahead we still need to perform well in the league and get into CL
We can just sell one of the players like Mirallas. Shortfall met. It really is no game changer though. The sums from tv revenue are astronomical. Place prize money is useful but not the be all and end all for a club like Everton anywmore.

To be fair I think its hard to judge the man tonight, they did get one deflection and one goal that should of been ruled out.
The substitutions at the time made some sense, we needed a outlet and a pair of fresh legs in the middle, im not sure about taking Delboy off but it was a gamble to try and get a foothold in the game, on the night it didn't pay off.

The last 18 months however have been a disgrace, I still like the man himself but as the manager he has fallen way below expectations, if he come out tomorrow and said I got it wrong, I promise to try to change something, then he would quickly have my vote, who says fans are fickle ayy ?

I am very much against gambling of any kind mate. I wont encourage addiction on this forum. I would encourage you to bet sensibly, though. :coffee:

resized_anti-joke-chicken-meme-generator-you-re-a-chicken-you-chicken-e52ec1.jpg

We can just sell one of the players like Mirallas. Shortfall met. It really is no game changer though. The sums from tv revenue are astronomical. Place prize money is useful but not the be all and end all for a club like Everton anywmore.

Financially perhaps not but when you are in the top 6 you can attract a far higher calibre of player than if you are bottom half consistently. Some would have people believe that the league doesn't matter though.

Honestly, I'm not on the wind up here, but trust me when I say that the board at Everton are just seeing a team that needs to get into the top half of the table, but one that was just swindled out of a cup final place and one with a massive amount of attacking flair getting plaudits from one and all and who individually Martinez has piled up the value on.

To be fair Dave, I think the biggest concern is that each negative result that we seem to somehow snatch from the jaws of victory will gradually and terminally erode the confidence of the players. There is already a palpable change in mentality when we go ahead and it's a difficult thing to reverse. Players are a fickle bunch and will look around them for someone to blame which often leads to a manager "losing the dressing room". We can't keep blaming bad decisions, they happen to every team, but the trend of throwing away games could well spiral out of Martinez' control at this rate.

Martinez has a big job on his hands. If we can go on a good run before the end of the season and give us even a glimpse of our real potential, a lot of people would be happy for him to stay. But if results don't improve, I think people will be right to question his ability after 2 years which is, bafflingly, a long time in modern footballing terms. He still unreservedly has my vote, but I can't say I blame people for starting to look elsewhere.

They way you are stating it is that paid up evertonians cannot have an opinion on they way the team is run or how we play?
How does it mean that?

I'm merely stating that a few hundred blowhards wont change a thing...no matter how much they want to.

We are a backyard job, tv money or not.

Not sure I understand the backyard bit but if we finish say around 12th when the board think we should be around 8th (Moyes later years we budgeted for 7th) then they will find the money. Another year of losing out on over 5 million will kick them into gear.
The club don't have to give him a payout though if they keep paying him. Now he can sit around until 2019 for all the cash if he wants but I can't see that happening.

To be fair Dave, I think the biggest concern is that each negative result that we seem to somehow snatch from the jaws of victory will gradually and terminally erode the confidence of the players. There is already a palpable change in mentality when we go ahead and it's a difficult thing to reverse. Players are a fickle bunch and will look around them for someone to blame which often leads to a manager "losing the dressing room". We can't keep blaming bad decisions, they happen to every team, but the trend of throwing away games could well spiral out of Martinez' control at this rate.

Martinez has a big job on his hands. If we can go on a good run before the end of the season and give us even a glimpse of our real potential, a lot of people would be happy for him to stay. But if results don't improve, I think people will be right to question his ability after 2 years which is, bafflingly, a long time in modern footballing terms. He still unreservedly has my vote, but I can't say I blame people for starting to look elsewhere.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back