Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toffeeweb are currently running a poll. There are 3 options to vote on.

A. Give Bobby more time.
B. Wait on see on the FA Cup.
C. Bobby out regardless of FA Cup win.

Of 1,263 votes cast so far option C leads with 81%.

This leads me to draw 1 of 3 conclusions.

A. The Toffeweb and GOT polls are indicative of the true feelings of Everton fans.
B. The Toffeeweb "silent majority" are equally cowed and oppressed.
C. The "silent majority" is the figment of a fevered imagination.

Answers on a postcard please.

*just so it`s clear i`m an advocate of option C to both questions.
I'm more B than C.

I want him gone today. But that's not gonna happen, and I think we'd be hard pushed to sack a manager who just won the FA cup.

So Besic, Duffy, Browning and Galloway play a couple of games and do well, but then disappear to the bench and that's great management and displaying trust, Moyes starts introducing Stones and Barkley in the same manner and that's the opposite?
Stones didnt get near the team though under moyes, neither did Dier or Mustafi and both went on to some acclaim elsewhere.

I don't expect Galloway to be first team, i do want to see galloway to be filling in whenever there is an injury or whatever else. that id what i mean about trusting younger players, give them just an important role in the team, and give them chances to shine rather than loan them out and hope they come back as world beaters.

I would agree that C is sadly the only answer at this point.

Our petulant fans will not be satisfied with anything else. There is no coming back at this point...the atmosphere will only continue to get worse even if we are winning stuff.
123014a0-6242-0133-0c1d-0e34a4cc753d.gif

Stones didnt get near the team though under moyes, neither did Dier or Mustafi and both went on to some acclaim elsewhere.

I don't expect Galloway to be first team, i do want to see galloway to be filling in whenever there is an injury or whatever else. that id what i mean about trusting younger players, give them just an important role in the team, and give them chances to shine rather than loan them out and hope they come back as world beaters.

Do what Arsenal do and select them for the cup games against supposed weaker opposition

Thats me and im not ashamed to say it I would rather win the derby ........ we can win the cup next year

I'd like to win the cup so can't agree there but I agree with the sentiment that if the team progresses we will have more opportunities to win cups. It's a catch 22. If we win the cup Martinez stays and we won't progress

Yeah the sense of entitlement is amazing, how very DARE we expect a team with some of the best young players in Europe to finish higher than 11th for 2 seasons on the run, we should bend over and accept our 11th place finish with grace.

How about supporting the lads on the pitch? Would be a nice change. Let's not wait until Kev gets sent off to bring the noise.

Anyway, we will have to make a change over the summer regardless of the Cup.

Even though I'm in the cult I'm going to go against Martinez here, Moyes had no choice but to bring the young lads through because he wasn't given a brass farthing of any decent money to spend, whereas Martinez has been backed with cash.

Do you not think since the league season has effectively been over for us for a long time that we could have brought through some youth players this season? Now would be the perfect time to blood some. By youth players I mean actual academy prospects not young players Martinez deliberately bought for the first team like Lukaku Deulofeu and Besic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back