Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah...my view hasn't changed other than I simply don't think our fans have the patience at this point to see this thing through.

We can't go into another season with completely terrible home support. The results will remain the same if we do. Change is the only way we can hope the support improves at this point, which will lead to better results. We need a bear pit...but not aimed at our own team.
You a definitely a sound guy just off other posts, but you need to think who you're insulting here. The atmosphere is gash when it used to be pretty good or great if reactive. There's only one reason for it being this poor and it's the shiz on a stick footy. When was it last consistently good BTW. .?

Do what Arsenal do and select them for the cup games against supposed weaker opposition
haha sadly that isn't an option when its been 21 years since the last one.

I just look at it in a way that if Baines is first choice, tell Garbutt that if baines loses form / injured or suspended then he plays. Then it is his position to make his own, and baines then has to wait for a chance back in the team (unless it is a minor injury of course). Make that place in the team realistic for the young lads, rather than ignore them.

It's the other way round, the team need to play with an intensity that creates an atmosphere. The crowd aren't going to be bouncing round setting off flares when our defenders and keeper are strolling about half asleep knocking 5 yard passes to each other

I think the Chelsea match is a perfect example of the fans lifting the players. It was snarling before kickoff and maintained throughout.

Massive?

Its a non factor game versus a non factor team in a dead rubber league game.

its a possible 3 points with the bonus of restoring a bit of pride, beating them on their own turf.
I want Martinez out for his league record and poor management so cant understand anyone dismissing 3 points?

You a definitely a sound guy just off other posts, but you need to think who you're insulting here. The atmosphere is gash when it used to be pretty good or great if reactive. There's only one reason for it being this poor and it's the shiz on a stick footy. When was it last consistently good BTW. .?

It was a bit over the top, but my point is fans make a difference. Currently they are not helping, when they absolutely could be. Instead they choose to drain the confidence of our players while lifting our opponents. Sad state of affairs it's become, and for me, change is the only way at this point.

I think the Chelsea match is a perfect example of the fans lifting the players. It was snarling before kickoff and maintained throughout.

They're professional footballers though, they should be the ones inspiring the crowd. The fact of the matter is, people aren't going to be creating a cup quarter final atmosphere against the likes of West Brom and Swansea in the league. Do you think Spurs fans are bouncing around and snarling to inspire the team on when they play mid-table dross at home?

12th isn't good, it'll be forgotten about if we win a trophy though. That is the fact of the matter.

No it won't.

Only by you it seems. :hayee: <------- that's you that is.

No, Dave is right on this occasion.

Who remembers where we finished in the league in 1966, 1984 or 1995?

None but the uber anoraks among us.

Indeed, who even cares?

Even less people, I'll be bound.

But what does every bugger in Evertonia remember about those three years?

Why, Eddie Kavanagh, Elton John and The Farm ;)

FTR.....we finished 12th, 7th and 15th respectively.

Better yet, the league form and final placings improved dramatically the season after the boost of winning the Cup.

Precedent suggests an F.A. Cup victory is a shot in the arm for EFC.

So I won't be fretting over our final league position this season if we wind up running round Wembley with the Cup ;)

Because I know few will remember it and even less will care.

COYB

:dance:

Thats me and im not ashamed to say it I would rather win the derby ........ we can win the cup next year

the derby has been long since dead for me. If we win great, but when i fixture gifts a hat trick to their horrible captain, gets 20 minute red cards or disallowing goals. Not to mention the fact we don't win it very often and most of the 'worst liverpool teams' games always disappoint, then i have stopped caring about the derby as anything more than a game we are likely to drop points in.

tumblr_n0mvruonK31qhh7ico1_500.jpg

Nice tracky! are you itk and thats the colour of our next years away kit ?

its a possible 3 points with the bonus of restoring a bit of pride, beating them on their own turf.
I want Martinez out for his league record and poor management so cant understand anyone dismissing 3 points?

I didnt say I want us to lose, but you said given the choice, you would take 3 points in a dead rubber league game, rather than win a trophy.

That doesnt even compute.

They're professional footballers though, they should be the ones inspiring the crowd. The fact of the matter is, people aren't going to be creating a cup quarter final atmosphere against the likes of West Brom and Swansea in the league. Do you think Spurs fans are bouncing around and snarling to inspire the team on when they play mid-table dross at home?

They should IMO. It is a massive privilege to be able to go to the games. I can only dream of it. Paying money for a ticket does not equal supporting the team on the pitch.

It was a bit over the top, but my point is fans make a difference. Currently they are not helping, when they absolutely could be. Instead they choose to drain the confidence of our players while lifting our opponents. Sad state of affairs it's become, and for me, change is the only way at this point.
Draining confidence of player? Give me a break

God we try but watching our games we slow things down by 15 min after trying for an early goal. It's dull. Even when we've actually had a good atmosphere say against West ham stoke ect we've still lost due to a shaky defence. No amount of whooping and hollering will stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back