Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not think since the league season has effectively been over for us for a long time that we could have brought through some youth players this season? Now would be the perfect time to blood some. By youth players I mean actual academy prospects not young players Martinez deliberately bought for the first team like Lukaku Deulofeu and Besic.

Think if he started bring more lads through now he would probably would be slated to death because he has to finish as high as he can in the league.

It's a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

the derby has been long since dead for me. If we win great, but when i fixture gifts a hat trick to their horrible captain, gets 20 minute red cards or disallowing goals. Not to mention the fact we don't win it very often and most of the 'worst liverpool teams' games always disappoint, then i have stopped caring about the derby as anything more than a game we are likely to drop points in.

Thats a poor attitude if you dont mind me saying go and sit down and have a cup of tea ....
This year we are going to do the kopites bigtime home drubbing 4 nil .... pride restored

I didnt say I want us to lose, but you said given the choice, you would take 3 points in a dead rubber league game, rather than win a trophy.

That doesnt even compute.

it`s years of pain with the derby though, i have had my face rubbed in it so many, many, many times by the kopites
please respect my point of view ....

They should IMO. It is a massive privilege to be able to go to the games. I can only dream of it. Paying money for a ticket does not equal supporting the team on the pitch.

Unfortunately it's just not like that. Most of the Goodison match day crowd have been going for years and therefore don't view it the same way as you. I'm a season ticket holder and I used to love it. But now I absolutely hate going the game in all honesty, because the chances are I'll witness another wretched display and have to put up with the corner of away fans pogo-ing up and down 2, 3 or 4 times a game. The only reason I renew is because it enables me to get tickets for away games and cup games, which I still enjoy. But going to Goodison is an awful experience which I can't even be arsed with anymore, and that can only be changed by improved performances on the pitch. I'm not asking us to win every home game, but to not even put the effort in and be beaten after 10 minutes of a match like against Arsenal, makes me think what is even the point

Unfortunately it's just not like that. Most of the Goodison match day crowd have been going for years and therefore don't view it the same way as you. I'm a season ticket holder and I used to love it. But now I absolutely hate going the game in all honesty, because the chances are I'll witness another wretched display and have to put up with the corner of away fans pogo-ing up and down 2, 3 or 4 times a game. The only reason I renew is because it enables me to get tickets for away games and cup games, which I still enjoy. But going to Goodison is an awful experience which I can't even be arsed with anymore, and that can only be changed by improved performances on the pitch. I'm not asking us to win every home game, but to not even put the effort in and be beaten after 10 minutes of a match like against Arsenal, makes me think what is even the point

Ive logged in 3 times to renew so far, just cant bring myself, hoping they sack this clown than I will renew in seconds.

Have you ever played sports in front of a crowd? Have you ever had the joy of silencing an away crowd and also watching the confidence drained from your opponent?
Confidence is drained due to a number of factors - tactics, time left etc etc. To blame it on t1he fans is lame when the fume levels havent even reached the max yet. Blaming fans as part of the problem when were part of the solution aint far. Going to matches and being dealt garbage on a regular basis aint good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back