Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya mate.
Purely out of interest, why did you request to be banned under your previous id ?

I was on here too much and wasn't getting much work done....couldn't contact you again to re activate the account so created a new one.

Why did you feel the need to make that information available to everybody?

It was obviously going to be picked up by one of your regular forum members and be open to this kind of off topic nonsense?
gasps*

Can I have a shout at naming the beast for his head on my wall? Please

You could have just pm'd me surely?

Last edited:
I was on here too much and wasn't getting much work done....couldn't contact you again to re activate the account so created a new one.

Why did you feel the need to make that information available to everybody?

It was obviously going to be picked up by one of your regular forum members and be open to this kind of off topic nonsense?

You could have just pm'd me surely?

Interesting, who was your previous incarnation?

This is about the best example I have seen of how illogical and bullying some of the arguments are getting now.
Somehow condemning him for both not playing these players while reserving the right to say they shouldn't have been played.
Every single team has off form squad members or ones that have not been given time yet. Certainly we've always had them.
Again the article states both that this wasn't typical of games this season but implies that it's an indication of everything that's wrong.
As I've personally said I'm a long way from blindingly believing in Martinez and I'm finding a lot of common ground with people who want him gone when these views are expressed with balance and genuine passion as I think is predominately true of fans judging by most of the posters on here. But those just bombarding him with wave after wave of illogical hate have left me feeling more entrenched in the idea he deserves more time. Not very logical on my behalf but we're all a big screwed up mess of logic and emotion. We wouldn't be watching at all if we weren't.

Good post mate. But to some people it is not 'illogical' as they firmly believe that he is not the person for the job. Goes without saying that is up to them.

There are loads of things Martinez is accused of that don't always quite add up.

Good post mate. But to some people it is not 'illogical' as they firmly believe that he is not the person for the job. Goes without saying that is up to them.

There are loads of things Martinez is accused of that don't always quite add up.
Yeah it's bound to happen. I even kind of understand people looking for anything to back up there argument if they think it's not being treated as seriously as it should. Pretty sure I did something similar with Howard a couple of years ago before everyone joined in and there was no need to.
At the moment though it's getting tricky picking out the passionate fans who've had enough from those who just enjoy a good hate fest.
Can't wait for the semi to be honest when at least the adrenalin all round should take over for a bit.
Not that I'm playing.

The facts speak for themselves:

Martinez is our most successful PL manager
Martinez has us at Wembley
Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now)
Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market
Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades
Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman

Everything else is just rant and hot air and wishful thinking and ephemeral (as we all witnessed after the Chelsea game).

You know, it was a common, hypothetical question about Moyes and a sudden influx of funds. Did we trust him with money when he was reasonable without it.

Whilst it was hypothetical with Moyes, the question is very much real with RM.

This is my point which I may not have explained properly. Moyes was great in a certain section of the market i.e. buying under valued players. Martinez has done well to but his successful signings have mainly been loan to own or players he had at Wigan. He has no experience of spending a big transfer budget or operating at the higher end of the market on a consistent basis to trust him with a big pot of cash is therefore a leap of faith. There is no evidence which convinces me he will spend it any better than Moyes did at Utd. I would much sooner give the cash to a manager with a proven track record of building a term with cash. We should always be looking to improve in every area. If there is a better manager available in the summer than we should go in for him.

Productivity increases from what to what?

These are the people who were part of a record braking season and may go on to with the cup. I'd say the focus should be on the players if the league form of late is not up to it. The manager is a proven winner. What have Baines, Jagielka, Coleman got in their medal drawer? Nothing.

I know who I'd conclude needs to look at themselves.

Everything else is just rant and hot air and wishful thinking and ephemeral (as we all witnessed after the Chelsea game).
Say again please...

If you are going to say the facts speak speak for themselves and be taken seriously you need to list facts rather than opinions. Only one of the items listed is a fact.

A few other facts for you. Martinez relegated his last club while winning the cup. Last season we finished bottom half, worst league position for ages. This season we are currently bottom half. Martinez currently has the worst home record of any manager in Europe in any division and any manager in Everton history.

If you are going to say the facts speak speak for themselves and be taken seriously you need to list facts rather than opinions. Only one of the items listed is a fact.

A few other facts for you. Martinez relegated his last club while winning the cup. Last season we finished bottom half, worst league position for ages. This season we are currently bottom half. Martinez currently has the worst home record of any manager in Europe in any division and any manager in Everton history.

No he hasn't.

Martinez is our most successful PL manager - FACT
Martinez has us at Wembley - FACT
Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now) - FACT
Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market - FACT
Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades - FACT
Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman - FACT

I know it's inconvenient, but your views are just part and parcel of a noisy fortnight on forums without football, traditionally a time when all manner of nonsense and silly season speculations have the time to fester.

It's all inconsequential nonsense. Only the major facts carry weight, and they are all decisively in Martinez's favour. My advice, FWIW, is for you and others to relax and watch a few internationals. Your efforts trying to unseat a manager on a football forum are wasted.

Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades - FACT

I know it's inconvenient, but your views are just part and parcel of a noisy fortnight on forums without football, traditionally a time when all manner of nonsense and silly season speculations have the time to fester.

It's all inconsequential ninsens. Only the major facts carry weight, and they are all decisively in Martinez's favour. My advice FWIW is for you and others to relaz and watch a few internationals. Your efforts trying to unseat a manager on a football forum are wasted.
Like reading something from Pravda.

It's all inconsequential nonsense. Only the major facts carry weight, and they are all decisively in Martinez's favour. My advice, FWIW, is for you and others to relax and watch a few internationals. Your efforts trying to unseat a manager on a football forum are wasted.

Just putting FACT in bold after an opinion doesn't magically make it a fact. No one is trying to unseat the manager via an Internet forum. That would be absurd. This is just about opinions. Is there any manager that you would swap Martinez for if he became available in the summer or do you think he is the best available? As a hypothetical presumably you would be prepared to admit that Pep would be an improvement?

why are u trying so hard? The end is near....
And these are by no means facts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back