Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[think your staunch defending of him is going to make any difference? No, of course it won't. You are just passing comment like the rest of us, only a bit more rant like! If he loses the semi and carries on with this league form there is a very good chance he will be potted, despite what your ranting suggests.

:coffee:

Lets hope so would love to see that poll in/out now today that a few people have got a bit of sunshine
and easter cheer and will be thinking properly[/QUOTE]

We would all rather he turned it around and win the semi, so I cannot agree with hoping for that conclusion!

Cahill, Peinaar, Baines, Arteta, Coleman, Jagielka, Stones.....all bought cheaply, all top top players.he even got a tune out of Marcus Bent for a season!

Your turn!
Deulofeu
Barry
McCarthy
Lukaku
Funes Mori
Lennon
NIASSE!!!!

Definitely on a par no?

Needs time though mate. Time and patience.

I wonder what Mona Lisa looked like half way through....

If he was someone like Ferguson in his first spell at Utd with a track record of success at Aberdeen then I would agree with you but the fact is Martinez took his last club down. He couldn't organise their defence. He can't organise our defence. There is no reason to believe that this will change in the near future. At some point you have to cut your losses.

Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant...that's all you do.

Moyes got us to Wembley and actually to a final, Moyes qualified in a top 4 spot, Moyes was better in the transfer market, Moyes was backed by his chairman, Moyes got us close to the champions league in more than one season on a weaker budget.

These my dear old chum are all facts...as are.....

Tony Pulis has a better record in the premier league than Roberto Martinez, Martinez has us having the worst home record in the league, Martinez cannot get the players he bought to function as a solid and working team, the list goes on and on and on......the only person around here making a racket and getting their knickers in a twist is you by the looks of it.

As for the last bit you wrote, you think your staunch defending of him is going to make any difference? No, of course it won't. You are just passing comment like the rest of us, only a bit more rant like! If he loses the semi and carries on with this league form there is a very good chance he will be potted, despite what your ranting suggests.

:coffee:
Many of those claim about Moyes are true. But it doesn't detract from what Martinez has done.

You see that ^^^ is the type of nuanced approach out of the reach of those attacking Martinez. That's why I can never take the attacks seriously. If posters were to say "yeah, he's done this well and that well, but overall there are some fundamental problems etc etc" then they'd be taken seriously by right minded people.

I was on here too much and wasn't getting much work done....couldn't contact you again to re activate the account so created a new one.

Why did you feel the need to make that information available to everybody?

It was obviously going to be picked up by one of your regular forum members and be open to this kind of off topic nonsense?

You could have just pm'd me surely?

1. Like most web sites this has a contact form at

https://www.grandoldteam.com/contact/

You could have used that and asked for your ban to be lifted. For all I know you might have done.

2. When I PM'd you a couple of weeks ago you could have volunteered the information then, but you chose not to.

3. You registered while connected via a proxy server either blacklisted for spam or a known ip-hider ( I forget which off hand )

Essentially you've wasted a fair bit of my, and other mods time over the last few weeks.
Having said that, you're a Blue, and plainly a passionate one so we'll see how it goes.

Bill and Bob picking out their Wembley suits.

I dont fancy your chances of being right mate.
The chances of bottling SF and choking in the derby, plus a fearful Bournemouth home game are pretty high...
Btw, what are u predicting?

Moyes better in the transfer market?

Mate?!

They are both very good.
And to a huge extent Everton have just become good in the market which makes a lot of the anxiety over any manager over the top I reckon.
Would take a huge ego to disrupt what seems to be a good scouting and recruitment set up.
We will be fine. Argument really for me is whether Martinez will take us further. Deserves more time for me because he's taken a chance on bringing in talent that would need time.

Deulofeu
Barry
McCarthy
Lukaku
Funes Mori
Lennon
NIASSE!!!!

Definitely on a par no?

No not at all. The players I gave you lasted many years at the club and were great value for money.

Out of that list, Lennon has hardly played that much, Mori looks decent but the jury is still out, I will give you Lukaku, McCarthy and of course Barry. The rest such as Del etc look as flakey and consistent as the manager.

And it does beg the question,if they are that good, why are we sat in 12th?

That's not fair Dave. You must feel he could improve upon at least some things? Don't you wish we defended properly? Turned more fine attacking displays into wins?
I've said loads of times he's given too much respect to certain players not cutting it. He needs to be more ruthless with players who make mistakes. I've called him out last season and this season. But it's obvious to me and others that the pros outweigh the cons.

Lets hope so would love to see that poll in/out now today that a few people have got a bit of sunshine
and easter cheer and will be thinking properly

We would all rather he turned it around and win the semi, so I cannot agree with hoping for that conclusion![/QUOTE]

I used to be niave and think like that, but the cold hard reality sank in, Martinez is totally incapable
of turning this around, and therefore should be potted as the op suggested, potted on his league form that coincidentally
is the worst in the clubs history with the 2 nd highest scoring striker !

Cold hard facts pot him and pot him quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back