Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is our most successful PL manager - FACT
Martinez has us at Wembley - FACT
Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now) - FACT
Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market - FACT
Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades - FACT
Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman - FACT

I know it's inconvenient, but your views are just part and parcel of a noisy fortnight on forums without football, traditionally a time when all manner of nonsense and silly season speculations have the time to fester.

It's all inconsequential nonsense. Only the major facts carry weight, and they are all decisively in Martinez's favour. My advice, FWIW, is for you and others to relax and watch a few internationals. Your efforts trying to unseat a manager on a football forum are wasted.

I'm not sure you know what a fact is by definition do you Day Vek

But it's how you put it across in your posts.

You attack and try to belittle anybody who doesn't share your view as though you are some sort of guru on the subject, when it is nothing but your opinion.

As for Martinez, I think he's doing a pretty decent job of detracting from everything he did in his first season perfectly without our help!
I put across my view point. The only reason you take issue with it is because it's not your viewpoint.

The facts speak for themselves:

Martinez is our most successful PL manager
Martinez has us at Wembley
Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now)
Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market
Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades
Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman

Everything else is just rant and hot air and wishful thinking and ephemeral (as we all witnessed after the Chelsea game).

Lol

Moyes is our most successful PL manager - got us 4th place and our record points total at the time FACT

Moyes got us to Wembley for a FINAL - FACT

Moyes was great in the transfer market - FACT

Moyes was backed by the chairman for 11 years and still would be had he not decided to leave - FACT

Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant...that's all you do.

Moyes got us to Wembley and actually to a final, Moyes qualified in a top 4 spot, Moyes was better in the transfer market, Moyes was backed by his chairman, Moyes got us close to the champions league in more than one season on a weaker budget.

These my dear old chum are all facts...as are.....

Tony Pulis has a better record in the premier league than Roberto Martinez, Martinez has us having the worst home record in the league, Martinez cannot get the players he bought to function as a solid and working team, the list goes on and on and on......the only person around here making a racket and getting their knickers in a twist is you by the looks of it.

As for the last bit you wrote, you think your staunch defending of him is going to make any difference? No, of course it won't. You are just passing comment like the rest of us, only a bit more rant like! If he loses the semi and carries on with this league form there is a very good chance he will be potted, despite what your ranting suggests.

:coffee:
Royle actually won us a cup and oversaw some decent derby wins.

I'm sorry but what you're describing as naive is just having an open mind and knowing that so much of anyone's success is down to good fortune and circumstance. We win the cup then players, fans, manager benefit from that confidence in a way that goes beyond whatever reality you think you've worked out.
On top of that I have no idea what makes any fan think they've a right to wish away a trophy from the lives who have never or may never see one for decades. They'll be joining plenty of kopites in that desire. And I'm not calling you one before I get slaughtered. Just saying it's always worth considering the company we keep.

I disagree. I would describe wishful thinking with this manager as niave, and it cant really be described as having an open mind
Martinez has the 2nd highest scoring striker and club record signing and we are sitting 12th. He described our defence as the `best in europe`
whilst the stats show this is our worst home performance in club history.

The facts are damning, and cannot be easily dismissed as fortune or circumstance. His inability to manage this team and close a game down from a winning position have been exposed time and time again. Make no mistake I admire your faith in him, however I feel it is misplaced as he cannot change and adapt a team to defend. That is his major weakness, and he makes no effort to address it
I have never `claimed` a right to wish away anything as I want wins, simple as. Martinez is out of his depth and each home defeat and the manner of it prove this

Lol

Moyes is our most successful PL manager - got us 4th place and our record points total at the time FACT

Moyes got us to Wembley for a FINAL - FACT

Moyes was great in the transfer market - FACT

Moyes was backed by the chairman for 11 years and still would be had he not decided to leave - FACT

Yeah but he did all that by essentially cheating by playing caveman football mate so they've all been erased from the records. 2002-2013 doesn't exist in Everton's history anymore due to the agricultural style of football (unless it's of course being used to slate David Moyes, in which case it definitely exists)

What if he doesnt? Will he still be most successful Everton manager for you?
Not something I've ever claimed or will ever claim.

He's won things, he's proven himself our best PL manager in the course of one season, he has us playing football for the first time in a couple of decades and binned the embarrassing hoofball, we stand at the doorway to a trophy if we can step through it and take it.

That's it. Nothing more than that. If some feel we need managerial change on the strength of that then that's their business. I doubt anyone making decisions will give a sympathetic hearing to it.

Come to think of it how on any level is Martinez our most successful PL manager. League position is the only thing that this can be judged on and Moyes wins based on peak performance (4th) and general finishing position. Anyone arguing to the contrary would be saying that Benetiz 2nd place finish was a bigger achievement than Ferguson winning the league with a lower points total. Madness.

[QUOTE="davek, post: 4323429, member:
he's proven himself our best PL manager in the course of one season.[/QUOTE]

Now that my friend is fickle, sensationalist guff!

When he consistently shows he can do what so far he has done in 1 season only, then he might get some credit. Until then it looks like nothing but a one season wonder.

Moyes finished 4th, 5th twice and 6th and got us to a cup final. Stop talking drivel as it belittles you and makes people attack your posts.

Roberto Martinez is a great manager...
Roberto Martinez is a great manager for Everton..
Roberto Martinez was a great manager for Everton in 2014...
Roberto Martinez will be a great manager in Spanish league in 2016...
Fiction or Fact? You decide...

Not something I've ever claimed or will ever claim.

He's won things, he's proven himself our best PL manager in the course of one season, he has us playing football for the first time in a couple of decades and binned the embarrassing hoofball, we stand at the doorway to a trophy if we can step through it and take it.

That's it. Nothing more than that. If some feel we need managerial change on the strength of that then that's their business. I doubt anyone making decisions will give a sympathetic hearing to it.

I know you don't go the game or anything but if you did, you'd probably see that for the most part we actually play absolutely crap football and lose to everyone

I was on here too much and wasn't getting much work done....couldn't contact you again to re activate the account so created a new one.

Why did you feel the need to make that information available to everybody?

It was obviously going to be picked up by one of your regular forum members and be open to this kind of off topic nonsense?

You could have just pm'd me surely?

I kept my mouth shut brother. You should laud me.

Sad to see this thread turn into the same tedious cycle argument by the same posters after @The Esk has asked reasonably to swerve it. You just can't let go of hated it seems.

I've flagged a few posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back