Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is our most successful PL manager - FACT
Martinez has us at Wembley - FACT
Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now) - FACT
Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market - FACT
Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades - FACT
Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman - FACT

I know it's inconvenient, but your views are just part and parcel of a noisy fortnight on forums without football, traditionally a time when all manner of nonsense and silly season speculations have the time to fester.

It's all inconsequential nonsense. Only the major facts carry weight, and they are all decisively in Martinez's favour. My advice, FWIW, is for you and others to relax and watch a few internationals. Your efforts trying to unseat a manager on a football forum are wasted.

Alright Rafael

For all of those saying Martinez has spent £40m (accurate?) net, he could sell players he's increased the value of any time he wants, this is not a good argument to use against him.

Terrible League form, terrible home form are the main reasons.

If we sell Lukaku and others he has a massive job on his hands, part of the reason I wanted Mourinho is because I felt some of the players would be refreshed and want to stay.

Last edited:
Yes. He bought Fellaini! :p
I'd think about taking him back for free and on a wage cut. It's a pretty reliable plan d option from the bench.
And I used to be a fan.
Said before though I'd have his and Rodwell's picture placed proudly on the wall every time someone came into negotiate their contract and felt they deserved to be at a richer club
LOL jokes he's an owl faced piss bag who I wish would keep his lispy sexpestery away from our young starlets
Steve McClaren is a more successful manager than Martinez, soz DaveK

It's internationals so let's all get behind Hogdsons mighty Ingerlund :cheers::cheers::dance:;):cool::D
LOL jokes he's an owl faced piss bag who I wish would keep his lispy sexpestery away from our young starlets
Steve McClaren is a more successful manager than Martinez, soz DaveK
Entering a whole new area of dispute now. There's got to be a bleak Scandinavian crime drama on at the same time surely

For all of those saying Martinez has spent £40m (accurate?) net, he could sell players he's increased the value of any time he wants, this is not a good argument to use against him.

Terrible League form, terrible home form are the main reasons.

If we sell Lukaku and others he has a massive job on his hands, part of the reason I wanted Mourinho is because I felt some of the players would be refreshed and want to stay.

lukaku and funes mori we'd get more for them. which other signings have significantly increased their value?

I disagree. I would describe wishful thinking with this manager as niave, and it cant really be described as having an open mind
Martinez has the 2nd highest scoring striker and club record signing and we are sitting 12th. He described our defence as the `best in europe`
whilst the stats show this is our worst home performance in club history.

The facts are damning, and cannot be easily dismissed as fortune or circumstance. His inability to manage this team and close a game down from a winning position have been exposed time and time again. Make no mistake I admire your faith in him, however I feel it is misplaced as he cannot change and adapt a team to defend. That is his major weakness, and he makes no effort to address it
I have never `claimed` a right to wish away anything as I want wins, simple as. Martinez is out of his depth and each home defeat and the manner of it prove this
Think you're confusing this. Not really arguing pro or anti the manager here. Just how you express it.
Personally I'm quite happy to be seen as naive as last work review I had said I tended towards pessimism. Sadly though I trust their judgment over yours.
Point is calling someone naive is not going to offend them in any way but it's also not going to influence them either.
So to clarify.. the evidence against Karadizc is 'damming'. I may have used that word when talking about the disability cuts. Martinez's record really isn't damming. What about 'lamentable'. We could discuss it then.
And you've finished with 'proof of this'. I'd run with 'indicate this'.
Anyway I'm only really singling you out because to even hint at losing the cup being something you'd prefer because you've sussed the situation out is lamentable. It indicates an entitled view that cares little for how other fans feel.

Think you're confusing this. Not really arguing pro or anti the manager here. Just how you express it.
Personally I'm quite happy to be seen as naive as last work review I had said I tended towards pessimism. Sadly though I trust their judgment over yours.
Point is calling someone naive is not going to offend them in any way but it's also not going to influence them either.
So to clarify.. the evidence against Karadizc is 'damming'. I may have used that word when talking about the disability cuts. Martinez's record really isn't damming. What about 'lamentable'. We could discuss it then.
And you've finished with 'proof of this'. I'd run with 'indicate this'.
Anyway I'm only really singling you out because to even hint at losing the cup being something you'd prefer because you've sussed the situation out is lamentable. It indicates an entitled view that cares little for how other fans feel.

That boldy bit, as unconnected as it is, needs to be applied to some of the pro-Martinez posters and their eager dismissal of anything remotely negative about the manager despite a LOT of it being based on CV & previous. Fact is, we all feel differently, that's the beauty of a big rant-platform though eh...

That said - I feel even more differently about it now upon reading that RM is our most successful PL manager.

WOWZER.

Based on that I guess I should afford him a tad more respect.

Tell you what is odd though....CUP win aside (which would be ACES) I'm not even sure what I'm hoping for in relation to RM any more. I don't think I've ever grown this disconnected to an EVERTON manager before, it's weird...I think it's the constant guff & bluster, but I'm not sure about that either...deflated in times of relative positivity. I'm a bit ashamed of that TBH...

That boldy bit, as unconnected as it is, needs to be applied to some of the pro-Martinez posters and their eager dismissal of anything remotely negative about the manager despite a LOT of it being based on CV & previous. Fact is, we all feel differently, that's the beauty of a big rant-platform though eh...

That said - I feel even more differently about it now upon reading that RM is our most successful PL manager.

WOWZER.

Based on that I guess I should afford him a tad more respect.

Tell you what is odd though....CUP win aside (which would be ACES) I'm not even sure what I'm hoping for in relation to RM any more. I don't think I've ever grown this disconnected to an EVERTON manager before, it's weird...I think it's the constant guff & bluster, but I'm not sure about that either...deflated in times of relative positivity. I'm a bit ashamed of that TBH...
Yeah I'd agree if anyone was claiming they'd throw the cup to guarantee the manager's future.
I've no problem with anyone saying they think we'd stand more chance of winning it if we got rid of the manager.
It's just a step too far for me for blues to have it in their mind we'd be better off losing it.
I've no really strong feelings on him as a manager as well to be honest. But to be honest if I tend to feel any bond it's usually to players. Getting rarer that though

I kept my mouth shut brother. You should laud me.

Sad to see this thread turn into the same tedious cycle argument by the same posters after @The Esk has asked reasonably to swerve it. You just can't let go of hated it seems.

I've flagged a few posts.

Lol

And you just can't stop trying to categorise everybody like some internet overlord. You could not be more wrong in my case.

I am here in peace, I don't come for confrontation ;)

They weren't tributes. They were bullet point facts.

Oh, DO pull the other one, david - it's the one that's got a hand-made Italian shoe on the end. :cool:

Again, mincing with words. Nobody's kidded by it, so why not turn it in?

If those 'bullet point facts' are only as such, then why are they the only representations/commendations (Bar kenwright's backing which is another person anyway) that you've been making throughout the entire thread?

Why are they the only 'facts' you're willing to accept? Because every one of them is testament to your unwavering support, your blind, unswerving, misplaced loyalty and adulation to someone you think has done zero wrong.

Like it or lump it, for every positive you've thrown out about martinez, people have come back with as many more negative 'bullet point facts'

Known to the layperson as 'criticisms'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back