Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
......I actually think the reaction could have been worst (hence my question about when it might become more visible).
I'd expect a reaction like that if we were in Newcastle's position. We're on a run of six wins out of nine.

Saying that it's a utter disgrace that the likes of Bournemouth and Swansea are rubbing shoulders with us this season.

Martinez will have some serious strategy to present with cast iron projections in the summer if Moshiri is to be convinced to keep him on.

An away win at Anfield and a cup is needed to build some goodwill with the fans.

I'd expect a reaction like that if we were in Newcastle's position. We're on a run of six wins out of nine.

Saying that it's a utter disgrace that the likes of Bournemouth and Swansea are rubbing shoulders with us this season.

Martinez will have some serious strategy to present with cast iron projections in the summer if Moshiri is to be convinced to keep him on.

An away win at Anfield and a cup is needed to build some goodwill with the fans.
I'd straight up chew him off for that.

Oh, DO pull the other one, david - it's the one that's got a hand-made Italian shoe on the end. :cool:

Again, mincing with words. Nobody's kidded by it, so why not turn it in?

If those 'bullet point facts' are only as such, then why are they the only representations/commendations (Bar kenwright's backing which is another person anyway) that you've been making throughout the entire thread?

Why are they the only 'facts' you're willing to accept? Because every one of them is testament to your unwavering support, your blind, unswerving, misplaced loyalty and adulation to someone you think has done zero wrong.

Like it or lump it, for every positive you've thrown out about martinez, people have come back with as many more negative 'bullet point facts'

Known to the layperson as 'criticisms'.
I accept there are many negatives, it's just that they dont outweigh the positives.

We're a top GK and defensive organiser on the pitch away from seeing this team challenging for at least a European spot.

That's just obvious to anyone who looks at the way we can open teams up and score. It's just common sense. Start again with a new manager and all the turmoil or give RM the cash to buy those two players in the summer? No brainer to me.

I think it'll be a while yet mate.
It's just grumblings at the moment, and I can't see it getting much more than that unless we lose the semi.

I think we'll see a reaction from the players at Old Trafford and fancy us to get a result there and I quite fancy us at Watford too.
If we lost at Wembley in the semi, and results in the league remained poor then I can see it getting a bit personal come the Bournemouth and Norwich games though. But win the semi and I can't see people getting too vocal till next season.

I find myself agreeing with most of your posts on this subject.

I accept there are many negatives, it's just that they dont outweigh the positives.

We're a top GK and defensive organiser on the pitch away from seeing this team challenging for at least a European spot.

That's just obvious to anyone who looks at the way we can open teams up and score. It's just common sense. Start again with a new manager and all the turmoil or give RM the cash to buy those two players in the summer? No brainer to me.

You will have to forgive me as I thought that was the managers job? We have to be careful here, as next some will want a
`Director of Football` alongside the above, and that would be a shame as Martinez has an eye for a player and has brought some quality in

Score lots of goals - positive
concede lots of goals - negative

Our results this season indicate this negative far outweighs this positive

It took bobby a long time to realise Tim wasnt a top goalkeeper. how can you trust him to spot one.

You will have to forgive me as I thought that was the managers job? We have to be careful here, as next some will want a
`Director of Football` alongside the above, and that would be a shame as Martinez has an eye for a player and has brought some quality in
Is this Martinez the best manager we have ever had, not counting Howie ?

I think this Moshiri feller will push for it at some point. He might have drawn the conclusion in the latter years at Arsenal that a de facto boss of the whole organisation is a power base that he doesn't like to have in existence.

It'll be interesting to keep an eye on boardroom comings and goings, because as it stands it's stacked against Moshiri.

It's blatant where the problem lies and that's with shipping goals too easy and at crucial times.

If he can't fix that next season then there's no excuses. He's engineered the makings of a very good young team but despite that first season at Everton he's never consistently managed defences needed to prosper in the Premier League.

Big summer ahead for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back