Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, if we win the FA cup you'd be all for Martinez!! And this post above proves it. You don't have the courage to stand by your convictions and fold like a house of cards.

I can't speak for BlueWally, but I wouldn't be. I'd be two-faced, sing his name with plenty of gusto, but wouldn't be that arsed if he was to leave.

If I was in effective charge of this club, if I hadn't already, I'd be tasking a team with identifying, and maybe even sounding out possible replacements.

There's a lot of talk in the myriad of Martinez threads about the last two league seasons form, the 72 points in the first season, the possibility of winning a trophy, how we're often boss in attack, but clueless in defence, but most of that is either looking back, or only looking forward a few weeks.

If Moshiri is making money available this Summer then he'll want to be sure that there's noone obviously better than Martinez to spend that cash. If his team identifies someone who's an upgrade on Martinez who's available, then hanging onto Bobby, even after a cup win would make little sense.

Now I don't know much about managers outside the Premier League and whether there are significantly better options out there, but one thing I do know, the appointment of Martinez was made in what seemed to be a very amateurish fashion, and the remit then was just a safe pair of hands. That remit seems to have changed, so I'd be amazed if getting a replacement in hasn't, or isn't, being seriously considered.

I can't speak for BlueWally, but I wouldn't be. I'd be two-faced, sing his name with plenty of gusto, but wouldn't be that arsed if he was to leave.

If I was in effective charge of this club, if I hadn't already, I'd be tasking a team with identifying, and maybe even sounding out possible replacements.

There's a lot of talk in the myriad of Martinez threads about the last two league seasons form, the 72 points in the first season, the possibility of winning a trophy, how we're often boss in attack, but clueless in defence, but most of that is either looking back, or only looking forward a few weeks.

If Moshiri is making money available this Summer then he'll want to be sure that there's noone obviously better than Martinez to spend that cash. If his team identifies someone who's an upgrade on Martinez who's available, then hanging onto Bobby, even after a cup win would make little sense.

Now I don't know much about managers outside the Premier League and whether there are significantly better options out there, but one thing I do know, the appointment of Martinez was made in what seemed to be a very amateurish fashion, and the remit then was just a safe pair of hands. That remit seems to have changed, so I'd be amazed if getting a replacement in hasn't, or isn't, being seriously considered.

You can speak for me anytime if that's what you have to say

He may not be capable. Last season is when his "project" will be rushed to completion by the new owners I'd guess so we will find out about that capability.
I get the feeling this summer will be the most important in recent Everton history.
Big decisions to be made both on and off the pitch.
For the sake of us all we have to hope far more are in the "right" column as we may have to live with them for a long time.

Anyone in football will tell you that it's easier to correct the latter than the former.

It's easier if you have a competent defensive coach, one who works on things like set pieces etc. Unfortunately we don't. We have a guy who brings Niasse on when we're two nil with 10 men.

Eloquently put, sir.

I get the feeling this summer will be the most important in recent Everton history.
Big decisions to be made both on and off the pitch.
For the sake of us all we have to hope far more are in the "right" column as we may have to live with them for a long time.
I'm relaxed about it all. I reckon the shake up and resources Moshiri will bring will move us up a notch in the next few years, with or without Martinez.

Tangible progress beyond fighting to be patronised as best of the rest has been short on the ground for the previous quarter of a century.

Get smashing that glass ceiling lids.

I'm relaxed about it all. I reckon the shake up and resources Moshiri will bring will move us up a notch in the next few years, with or without Martinez.

Tangible progress beyond fighting to be patronised as best of the rest has been short on the ground for the previous quarter of a century.

I wish i could share your relaxed optimism.
I do try to be glass half full about this but history tells us...it`s Everton, that.

The money allows us to compete with West Ham and Stoke and others outside the top 5, nothing more. We don't have money to burn. It has to be spent wisely otherwise we could easily end up like Newcastle. Look how much money Liverpool have wasted on rubbish.

I don't trust Martinez to build a well balanced squad. He has no experience of doing this on anything other than a shoe string. Even if he does sign good players the real problem is his philosophy which isn't going to change. We are never going to be able to afford the calibre of player that can overcome inadequate coaching/tactics.

I also don't believe in all this long term project rubbish either. Martinez inherited a good squad of players and has had money to spend.

If we were finishing top 10 and showing progress in terms of performances then maybe but I don't see any cause for optimism.

Bury your head in the sands all you want but we all know he is getting sacked sooner or later. It's just a question of how much damage he does in the meantime.

The money allows us to compete with West Ham and Stoke and others outside the top 5, nothing more. We don't have money to burn. It has to be spent wisely otherwise we could easily end up like Newcastle. Look how much money Liverpool have wasted on rubbish.

I don't trust Martinez to build a well balanced squad. He has no experience of doing this on anything other than a shoe string. Even if he does sign good players the real problem is his philosophy which isn't going to change. We are never going to be able to afford the calibre of player that can overcome inadequate coaching/tactics.

I also don't believe in all this long term project rubbish either. Martinez inherited a good squad of players and has had money to spend.

If we were finishing top 10 and showing progress in terms of performances then maybe but I don't see any cause for optimism.

Bury your head in the sands all you want but we all know he is getting sacked sooner or later. It's just a question of how much damage he does in the meantime.
This is @AJC5 everyone and he wants you to know how deeply upset he is.

I don't think Howards form gave him a decision to make. Much in the way Howard's injury saved him making a decision.
Not true. I remember most doubting that he'd bench him a few months back, but he did. And now we have the announcement he's to be released. Was he wrong to give Howard a further season to prove he was completely shot? Yes, probably. But he has been decisive putting that wrong right.

What do you mean by "amateurish" mate?

I'll be honest, I find it difficult to imagine RM was seen as a safe pair of hands. RM would have pitched the idea of rebuilding Everton with a new style, a new attitude etc. That whole vision comes with huge risks of stumbles along the way, which is what we are seeing at the moment.

Think it'd be a little naive to think BK gave the job to a relegated manager thinking it was a safe option.

Not having a pop of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back