Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this Moshiri feller will push for it at some point. He might have drawn the conclusion in the latter years at Arsenal that a de facto boss of the whole organisation is a power base that he doesn't like to have in existence.

It'll be interesting to keep an eye on boardroom comings and goings, because as it stands it's stacked against Moshiri.

I don't agree. He owns 49.9% and I would be very surprised if he invested without getting very good voting rights.

I don't agree. He owns 49.9% and I would be very surprised if he invested without getting very good voting rights.

On off-field matters he's going to rule the roost, no question. The football side of things will see (I'd imagine) a very much slower pace of change. The feller literally knows nothing about the club or much about football all told I'd venture to say.

......obviously lots of unrest regarding RMs position, I wonder how long it will be before that view becomes more visible at games.

....it's been a slow-build for me at GP, the grumble has raised & grown over time, quite patiently too I reckon despite some arguing fans are somehow responsible for performance (? Nah....they're big, well-paid boys out there)...but any more dips at home - in partic if we lie down again at some point - then the atmos is gonna turn very spicey I reckon, and on the whole a tad unpleasant. And I wouldn't be proud of that like but i'd totally get it...

It's been that way for a while now Dave. If it's so easy why is it still an issue - - - - - - - - - > because Bobby doesnt know how
It's true he should have binned ~Howard ages ago. That was his big error this season. We should have started with a top GK with Robles challenging that GK rather than waiting for a turn after Howard had done his best to scupper the season.

But that decision is made now. I dont think people give credit for Martinez binning him with two seasons left on his contract left. That suggests he knows a major error was made giving him an extension and that he's willing to admit it and correct it.

It's true he should have binned ~Howard ages ago. That was his big error this season. We should have started with a top GK with Robles challenging that GK rather than waiting for a turn after Howard had done his best to scupper the season.

But that decision is made now. I dont think people give credit for Martinez binning him with two seasons left on his contract left. That suggests he knows a major error was made giving him an extension and that he's willing to admit it and correct it.

I don't think Howards form gave him a decision to make. Much in the way Howard's injury saved him making a decision.

....it's been a slow-build for me at GP, the grumble has raised & grown over time, quite patiently too I reckon despite some arguing fans are somehow responsible for performance (? Nah....they're big, well-paid boys out there)...but any more dips at home - in partic if we lie down again at some point - then the atmos is gonna turn very spicey I reckon, and on the whole a tad unpleasant. And I wouldn't be proud of that like but i'd totally get it...
Billy Davek Graham will convert all non believers,and Martinez will be our leader for ever.

On off-field matters he's going to rule the roost, no question. The football side of things will see (I'd imagine) a very much slower pace of change. The feller literally knows nothing about the club or much about football all told I'd venture to say.

I don't know enough about his input at Arsenal but if he's like most of the other foreign investors in the League he will want control of it all.

May have been mistaken. I thought it was you saying it before the Chelsea match.

My apologies if that's not the case
No problem. I assumed people were joking about this before the Chelsea game but have since heard people say that there were people discussing it beforehand. Some of them presumably then going along to a game they claim not to want to win.
Only second hand info though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back