Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you're confusing this. Not really arguing pro or anti the manager here. Just how you express it.
Personally I'm quite happy to be seen as naive as last work review I had said I tended towards pessimism. Sadly though I trust their judgment over yours.
Point is calling someone naive is not going to offend them in any way but it's also not going to influence them either.
So to clarify.. the evidence against Karadizc is 'damming'. I may have used that word when talking about the disability cuts. Martinez's record really isn't damming. What about 'lamentable'. We could discuss it then.
And you've finished with 'proof of this'. I'd run with 'indicate this'.
Anyway I'm only really singling you out because to even hint at losing the cup being something you'd prefer because you've sussed the situation out is lamentable. It indicates an entitled view that cares little for how other fans feel.

Well we will have to agree to differ. A public forum is exactly that, a forum to express ones opinions, and views as they so choose.

After suffering such a heavy loss, and dare I say embarrassing loss, two seasons ago, my view is I would be overjoyed with a derby win secondary to a cup win. This is only my opinion and of course other people may care to agree, dissagree, understand, or not understand as they please.

I find your reference to a `war criminal` interesting and of course your choice of words is exactly that `you`re choice, as my choice is my choice
If you choose to compare Martinez and his record to that of a war criminal then that is a matter for you, however it would explain your employmers assessment of you as correct in my opinion. An example I would use would be the `Automobile Association provided a damning report of the counties roads` ...... My opinion is Martinez record is damning not `lamentable`, however the key difference is that you are in the Martinez in group therefore `lamentable`, whilst I am in the Martinez out group therefore `damning` however I applaud your attempt to try and soften my assessement of our manager to try to sugar coat his many failures.

The situation is simple in my opinion that the current manager has the poorest record in the clubs history, it is to each individual to assess this season and the past three, and arrive at their own conclusion themselves, it`s called free will .

......obviously lots of unrest regarding RMs position, I wonder how long it will be before that view becomes more visible at games.

While results continue like they have throughout the season and gauging blues' opinions whenever & wherever I see them....I'd guess it could turn even sourer quite soon :oops:

Well we will have to agree to differ. A public forum is exactly that, a forum to express ones opinions, and views as they so choose.

After suffering such a heavy loss, and dare I say embarrassing loss, two seasons ago, my view is I would be overjoyed with a derby win secondary to a cup win. This is only my opinion and of course other people may care to agree, dissagree, understand, or not understand as they please.

I find your reference to a `war criminal` interesting and of course your choice of words is exactly that `you`re choice, as my choice is my choice
If you choose to compare Martinez and his record to that of a war criminal then that is a matter for you, however it would explain your employmers assessment of you as correct in my opinion. An example I would use would be the `Automobile Association provided a damning report of the counties roads` ...... My opinion is Martinez record is damning not `lamentable`, however the key difference is that you are in the Martinez in group therefore `lamentable`, whilst I am in the Martinez out group therefore `damning` however I applaud your attempt to try and soften my assessement of our manager to try to sugar coat his many failures.

The situation is simple in my opinion that the current manager has the poorest record in the clubs history, it is to each individual to assess this season and the past three, and arrive at their own conclusion themselves, it`s called free will .
It would help any debate if you read what's been said properly. Apologies if I've not expressed it well enough but either way there's absolutely nothing to discuss here as I'm struggling linking up anything you've said with what was previously said.
Anyway enjoy the Derby. And try to enjoy the cup if it's not too conflicting for you

Yeah I'd agree if anyone was claiming they'd throw the cup to guarantee the manager's future.
I've no problem with anyone saying they think we'd stand more chance of winning it if we got rid of the manager.
It's just a step too far for me for blues to have it in their mind we'd be better off losing it.
I've no really strong feelings on him as a manager as well to be honest. But to be honest if I tend to feel any bond it's usually to players. Getting rarer that though

You've said this several times before and each time it has been pointed out that outside of one poster there's no evidence of this attitude.

......obviously lots of unrest regarding RMs position, I wonder how long it will be before that view becomes more visible at games.

I think it'll be a while yet mate.
It's just grumblings at the moment, and I can't see it getting much more than that unless we lose the semi.

I think we'll see a reaction from the players at Old Trafford and fancy us to get a result there and I quite fancy us at Watford too.
If we lost at Wembley in the semi, and results in the league remained poor then I can see it getting a bit personal come the Bournemouth and Norwich games though. But win the semi and I can't see people getting too vocal till next season.

It would help any debate if you read what's been said properly. Apologies if I've not expressed it well enough but either way there's absolutely nothing to discuss here as I'm struggling linking up anything you've said with what was previously said.
Anyway enjoy the Derby. And try to enjoy the cup if it's not too conflicting for you

I have read everything perfectly, therefore I accept you`re apologies for not expressing it in a proper fashion.
Personally I think my reply was easy to follow and answered each of your points in turn.

I fully intend to enjoy the derby and also the cup

Have a nice Easter

Lads can I have a show of hands who think the recent anti manager fever has been an incy wincy bit over the top?
Nope he's deserved every drop. 4 wins at home in a calendar year. Surprised the Catalan Matalan manager is still in his job. I say we make a wicker man of him in Stanley Park right now. Mostly cos I have no decent plans this weekend and I'm in my bills playing on the PS4.

You've said this several times before and each time it has been pointed out that outside of one poster there's no evidence of this attitude.
Might be wrong but I think I've only said it a few times and in direct reference to this poster.
Have heard that there were people suggesting they wanted to lose to Chelsea but didn't see it on this site.

Might be wrong but I think I've only said it a few times and in direct reference to this poster.
Have heard that there were people suggesting they wanted to lose to Chelsea but didn't see it on this site.

May have been mistaken. I thought it was you saying it before the Chelsea match.

My apologies if that's not the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back