Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just take a reply for the wembley one - seeing as you're fixated on the cups.

So, go on? Tell us why wembley is such an achievement? I've already countered it, so you have to convince us 'plotters'.
It's not an 'achievement' - I never said it was. I said it's a fact we're there...and it could realistically be our salvation after a 21 year wait,

Many of those claim about Moyes are true. But it doesn't detract from what Martinez has done.

You see that ^^^ is the type of nuanced approach out of the reach of those attacking Martinez. That's why I can never take the attacks seriously. If posters were to say "yeah, he's done this well and that well, but overall there are some fundamental problems etc etc" then they'd be taken seriously by right minded people.

Mate, virtually every person who wants Martinez out has done that. You seem to wilfully misrepresent other peoples view. Most people have been saying that he's done somethings well. Some even want him to stay with a defensive coach etc.

Needs time though mate. Time and patience.

I wonder what Mona Lisa looked like half way through....

I'm sure he'll get to the end of the season at least.

He's had almost 3 seasons and seems to be going backwards rather than forwards. To get more time I'd expect some form of progress. By this point that would have to be lifting the FA Cup IMO.

Some people might see that as an unfair demand, but this bad run we're on started last season when Ramsey scored Arsenals first goal on 23/8/14. Its now March 2016. That's a hell of a long poor run and needs a hell of an achievement to compensate.

1. Like most web sites this has a contact form at

https://www.grandoldteam.com/contact/

You could have used that and asked for your ban to be lifted. For all I know you might have done.

2. When I PM'd you a couple of weeks ago you could have volunteered the information then, but you chose not to.

3. You registered while connected via a proxy server either blacklisted for spam or a known ip-hider ( I forget which off hand )

Essentially you've wasted a fair bit of my, and other mods time over the last few weeks.
Having said that, you're a Blue, and plainly a passionate one so we'll see how it goes.

I explained to Esk in a pm? Didn't know it was that big a deal but if it is then apologies for wasting your time!

As for point 3, did I? I registered at home and am behind nothing but my router and broadband is with sky, so you sure you not got me mixed up with somebody else?

Many of those claim about Moyes are true. But it doesn't detract from what Martinez has done.

You see that ^^^ is the type of nuanced approach out of the reach of those attacking Martinez. That's why I can never take the attacks seriously. If posters were to say "yeah, he's done this well and that well, but overall there are some fundamental problems etc etc" then they'd be taken seriously by right minded people.

But it's how you put it across in your posts.

You attack and try to belittle anybody who doesn't share your view as though you are some sort of guru on the subject, when it is nothing but your opinion.

As for Martinez, I think he's doing a pretty decent job of detracting from everything he did in his first season perfectly without our help!

I explained to Esk in a pm? Didn't know it was that big a deal but if it is then apologies for wasting your time!

As for point 3, did I? I registered at home and am behind nothing but my router and broadband is with sky, so you sure you not got me mixed up with somebody else?

Fair dos, I plainly missed the fact that you'd talked to Esk

On (3) , totally sure, you registered via a Google server in California which has been used both by spammers on here and previously banned posters trying to hide their location.

So Moyes isn't ginger bollocks today, Kenwright isn't Billy Liar, Moshiri isn't an Iranian Tit, Baines and Jagielka aren't frauds and ANYONE in the media who criticises Him aren't nobheads? Because that's the level of your postings recently. In fact as we've declined so have you and now you're taking the moral high ground.

WowzyMcWowzerson

Amazing that Martinez and the pro-Martinez posters are being ridiculed for thinking the season and his position could be somewhat rectified by winning the FA Cup.

Cast your mind back to 1995 and the Rideout goal that gave Big Joe Royle even greater iconic status amongst Blues. It's 21 years since we won a pot. Yes, 21 years. Royle's status as a manager was built on that platform ( other than the DOW approach) and his managerial career other than FA Cup forays with Oldham and dragging City from the depths of Divison 2.

Why can it not be recognised with Martinez if he were to deliver silverware after such a long, long wait? I'd say a cup win could and would be a significant launch pad for the team he's trying to build. Of course, our home league form is shocking....no disagreements from me there, but let's be realistic and see what happens come mid-May.

I used to be niave and think like that, but the cold hard reality sank in, Martinez is totally incapable
of turning this around, and therefore should be potted as the op suggested, potted on his league form that coincidentally
is the worst in the clubs history with the 2 nd highest scoring striker !

Cold hard facts pot him and pot him quickly
I'm sorry but what you're describing as naive is just having an open mind and knowing that so much of anyone's success is down to good fortune and circumstance. We win the cup then players, fans, manager benefit from that confidence in a way that goes beyond whatever reality you think you've worked out.
On top of that I have no idea what makes any fan think they've a right to wish away a trophy from the lives who have never or may never see one for decades. They'll be joining plenty of kopites in that desire. And I'm not calling you one before I get slaughtered. Just saying it's always worth considering the company we keep.

Amazing that Martinez and the pro-Martinez posters are being ridiculed for thinking the season and his position could be somewhat rectified by winning the FA Cup.

Cast your mind back to 1995 and the Rideout goal that gave Big Joe Royle even greater iconic status amongst Blues. It's 21 years since we won a pot. Yes, 21 years. Royle's status as a manager was built on that platform ( other than the DOW approach) and his managerial career other than FA Cup forays with Oldham and dragging City from the depths of Divison 2.

Why can it not be recognised with Martinez if he were to deliver silverware after such a long, long wait? I'd say a cup win could and would be a significant launch pad for the team he's trying to build. Of course, our home league form is shocking....no disagreements from me there, but let's be realistic and see what happens come mid-May.
im not sure anyone is saying that. An FA Cup win will be a monumental achievement, one that will see him roundly praised. It's will give thousands of Evertonians their greatest football day for a generation.

Mate, virtually every person who wants Martinez out has done that. You seem to wilfully misrepresent other peoples view. Most people have been saying that he's done somethings well. Some even want him to stay with a defensive coach etc.
...so there should be no debate then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back