Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is our most successful PL manager

With his win percentage? His avg. league placing? Oh....72pts innit? Silly me.

Martinez has us at Wembley

Only by virtue of the idiotic FA's London-centric insistence, face-saving exercise and recouping their imbecilic losses. Remember when semis were played at neutral venues up & down the land?

Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now)

Like '72' dontcha? How about goals shipped right now, or points right now?

Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market

Err...kone?

Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman

The same chairman you've seen fit to criticise for years has suddenly got something right? Might be backed by the figure head, but what about the biggest shareholder?

Martinez is our most successful PL manager - FACT
Martinez has us at Wembley - FACT
Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now) - FACT
Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market - FACT
Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades - FACT
Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman - FACT

I know it's inconvenient, but your views are just part and parcel of a noisy fortnight on forums without football, traditionally a time when all manner of nonsense and silly season speculations have the time to fester.

It's all inconsequential nonsense. Only the major facts carry weight, and they are all decisively in Martinez's favour. My advice, FWIW, is for you and others to relax and watch a few internationals. Your efforts trying to unseat a manager on a football forum are wasted.

Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant...that's all you do.

Moyes got us to Wembley and actually to a final, Moyes qualified in a top 4 spot, Moyes was better in the transfer market, Moyes was backed by his chairman, Moyes got us close to the champions league in more than one season on a weaker budget.

These my dear old chum are all facts...as are.....

Tony Pulis has a better record in the premier league than Roberto Martinez, Martinez has us having the worst home record in the league, Martinez cannot get the players he bought to function as a solid and working team, the list goes on and on and on......the only person around here making a racket and getting their knickers in a twist is you by the looks of it.

As for the last bit you wrote, you think your staunch defending of him is going to make any difference? No, of course it won't. You are just passing comment like the rest of us, only a bit more rant like! If he loses the semi and carries on with this league form there is a very good chance he will be potted, despite what your ranting suggests.

:coffee:

Martinez is our most successful PL manager - FACT
Martinez has us at Wembley - FACT
Martinez has us scoring record levels of goals ('just' 72 right now) - FACT
Martinez has the Midas touch in the transfer market - FACT
Martinez has engineered some of the best football played by Everton in decades - FACT
Martinez (for all the above reasons) is backed by his chairman - FACT

I know it's inconvenient, but your views are just part and parcel of a noisy fortnight on forums without football, traditionally a time when all manner of nonsense and silly season speculations have the time to fester.

It's all inconsequential nonsense. Only the major facts carry weight, and they are all decisively in Martinez's favour. My advice, FWIW, is for you and others to relax and watch a few internationals. Your efforts trying to unseat a manager on a football forum are wasted.
Bravo.

Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant...that's all you do.

Moyes got us to Wembley and actually to a final, Moyes qualified in a top 4 spot, Moyes was better in the transfer market, Moyes was backed by his chairman, Moyes got us close to the champions league in more than one season on a weaker budget.

These my dear old chum are all facts...as are.....

Tony Pulis has a better record in the premier league than Roberto Martinez, Martinez has us having the worst home record in the league, Martinez cannot get the players he bought to function as a solid and working team, the list goes on and on and on......the only person around here making a racket and getting their knickers in a twist is you by the looks of it.

As for the last bit you wrote, you think your staunch defending of him is going to make any difference? No, of course it won't. You are just passing comment like the rest of us, only a bit more rant like! If he loses the semi and carries on with this league form there is a very good chance he will be potted, despite what your ranting suggests.

:coffee:
Moyes better in the transfer market?

Mate?!

They are both very good.

Only by virtue of the idiotic FA's London-centric insistence, face-saving exercise and recouping their imbecilic losses. Remember when semis were played at neutral venues up & down the land?

Err...kone?

The same chairman you've seen fit to criticise for years has suddenly got something right? Might be backed by the figure head, but what about the biggest shareholder?
Game
Set
Match

[think your staunch defending of him is going to make any difference? No, of course it won't. You are just passing comment like the rest of us, only a bit more rant like! If he loses the semi and carries on with this league form there is a very good chance he will be potted, despite what your ranting suggests.

:coffee:[/QUOTE]

Lets hope so would love to see that poll in/out now today that a few people have got a bit of sunshine
and easter cheer and will be thinking properly

Err...kone?

....^^^ not a serious refutation amongst that lot.

This is why the attack on Martinez is such a parody now. Me? I defend the feller, but I also acknowledge weakness and mistakes made...as is only right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back