Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SHOCKER - but absolutely agree Dave. It's struck me lately - and as horrible as they are - TERRY/NOBLE et al & a portion of the teams each play for...all gobby, all shouty, all argue decisions and get in both opposition and referee faces (not that I condone that like...much)...much pointing and rant...

And I'd be happy with a bit of that, not to their appalling level, but just something, sometimes to look like they're arsed. I like the JAG, a decent player...but man, open yer fuppin' gob sometimes and have a shout...

You could teach him that Dave, be the YODA to his mutey SKYWALKER?
We've got four tailor's dummies in the defence apart from Funes Mori - who looks like he's up for it.

They are all senior professionals and are all appalling in terms of their leadership skills. I Hear Baines after each defeat piping up to the press about needing to do this and that...where is his words on the pitch Where's the fight there? Nowhere. He's a phoney. Nice local lad, etc etc but a complete phoney when and where it matters...and he's not alone in that.

To be honest, I wish we were a little bit closer to whatever it is supposed to look like by now, in the league anyrate.
I suppose everyone does mate. He will be given money in the summer so he's out of excuses not to deliver something better.

Retaining his best players will be a key objective too. I fear one or two may leave.

I suppose everyone does mate. He will be given money in the summer so he's out of excuses not to deliver something better.

Retaining his best players will be a key objective too. I fear one or two may leave.

Moshiri has already said retaining the squad this summer is #1 priority didnt he?

But even if he did, these days you cant know the squad until the window SLAMS shut can you?

Next few weeks will probably tell us more though.

Moshiri has already said retaining the squad this summer is #1 priority didnt he?

But even if he did, these days you cant know the squad until the window SLAMS shut can you?

Next few weeks will probably tell us more though.
Lukaku is my big worry as we could replace the others with the right money but replacing his goals will be very difficult indeed.

There's a hysteria taken hold and it's painful to watch.

You've been harping on about 'kneejerk' and 'hysteria' all season david, but after the first ten games (which looked tricky, playing last season's top eight within that run IIRC) a thread was made about the next ten, and everyone was optimistic....And look what's happened since them first ten matches.

Whoo-hoo! We thrashed s'land & villa & didn't do sod-all else; until a last touch of the game winner against a relegation-doomed newcastle.

Marvellous. :confused:

It's been going on for well over a season. I'd much prefer martinez wasn't handed the opportunity of allowing it to happen again next season. And there's been nothing to suggest it won't.

Absolutely nothing.

We've flattered to deceive in some of the games we've won this season, too. We're nowhere near the potential you make out. Potential comes with consistency. We haven't strung together three wins on the bounce in the league since April 2014...That's two whole YEARS.

It's not good enough. At all.

We all want to win the F.A. Cup but just think what it could do to the players, they wont be all about potential they will be winners and that mentality can breed success.

A fair few of our starting eleven already are mate.

Joel Robles : Won the FA Cup at Wigan
Funes Mori : Won things at River Plate
Aaron Lennon : Won the League Cup at Spurs
James McCarthy : Won the FA Cup at Wigan
Tom Cleverley : Premier League medal at ManU
Gareth Barry : FA Cup and Premier League medals at City

Lukaku has won the Belgian League with Anderlecht and he aleady has a winners attitude

Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Barkley have played most of their football for us, so, well, we know the story there.

Of our first eleven, I'd say winning the cup would give Barkley quite a bit more self belief, and would help Baines, Coleman and Jagielka shake off the background of plucky little Everton, which would be ace, but the core of our team are already winners, which makes our form and occassional mental fragility quite puzzling.

A fair few of our starting eleven already are mate.

Joel Robles : Won the FA Cup at Wigan
Funes Mori : Won things at River Plate
Aaron Lennon : Won the League Cup at Spurs
James McCarthy : Won the FA Cup at Wigan
Tom Cleverley : Premier League medal at ManU
Gareth Barry : FA Cup and Premier League medals at City

Lukaku has won the Belgian League with Anderlecht and he aleady has a winners attitude

Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Barkley have played most of their football for us, so, well, we know the story there.

Of our first eleven, I'd say winning the cup would give Barkley quite a bit more self belief, and would help Baines, Coleman and Jagielka shake off the background of plucky little Everton, which would be ace, but the core of our team are already winners, which makes our form and occassional mental fragility quite puzzling.
Think players need a reminder how good they are pretty regularly and a reminder what it takes to win. Should be happening on the pitch more. I see players who look like they'll respond when it happens but not too many telling them.
There has got to be a winning mentality a team develops that's partly to do with trust in the players around them I think. I see the cup being massive in those terms.
Loads of fans have mentioned a sense of feeling like we always bottle things. Only one thing can really change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back