Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
some good points here
Yes yes, very good lol

You know what I mean, criticising for the sake of it without balance. Doesn't help when things are taken out of context obviously.

Criticism can be good. Balance is good. But not when it's criticism because someone has an agenda against a guy.

Try bringing some knowledge and education to the big boys threads then. "That Watford manager". LOL.
Actually, I said 'the Watford manager', if you've never had a slip of the mind when out then you must be special indeed.

Again though, carry on, you're impressing your mates on the forum.

Actually, I said 'the Watford manager', if you've never had a slip of the mind when out then you must be special indeed.

Again though, carry on, you're impressing your mates on the forum.

I don't have any mates. You're trying to act like you're discussing matters beyond us, that we're just here for the jokes, when you can't actually hold a debate without any evidence.

You also want Mark Hughes to manage us and sit in the lower Gwladys, there goes any credibility.

Short of getting Guardiola or Mourinho, I'm not sure most of the other Premiership managers are anything other than like-for-like, Wenger obviously being an exception.

Martinez is perhaps still fine tuning his side, he still has lot of the previous managers' players and I don't think sacking him and replacing him with one of the rent-a-boss mob (Hughes, Pulis etc.) would benefit us.

I'd stick for now at least.

So you've basically started a debate and then want it ended because of the nature of opinions and facts? Yes I could tell you exactly why they (especially Hughes) would be horrible appointments (in my opinion) and a good bit of it relates to how dismissing Martinez would effect the team. Do you think Hughes and Koeman, or even S-F could be getting what Martinez is getting out of Deulofeu? Of course if we continue to underachieve Martinez's position will be in danger. That goes without saying but "danger" is a relative term I guess. I honestly think if anything the real whole in your argument is not putting Ranieri in the mix as that would make the most sense based on your own reasoning. I'm also curious as to why they were all current prem managers is there no one out there more suited in your opinion than those three or are those just three you think could do better and you have more in mind?
You just said you could tell me why they would be horrible appointments and then didn't.

Mark Hughes has Stoke playing some brilliant football at the minute, with players like Bojan and Arnautovic really flourishing.

You can't possibly be saying that Martinez is the only manager to be getting Deulofeu to play good football.

We have underachieved now for 18 months. Jose Mourinho, Brendan Rodgers, Van Gaal and according to you, Koeman have all come under real pressure and some have even lost their jobs.

Why should it be that we have a manager who is under no danger of losing his job? Pressure is a good thing, it means there are expectations that need meeting.

The person who asked, asked for realistic candidates. Outside of Europe's top teams, I can't say I'm too familiar with the others.

I don't have any mates. You're trying to act like you're discussing matters beyond us, that we're just here for the jokes, when you can't actually hold a debate without any evidence.

You also want Mark Hughes to manage us and sit in the lower Gwladys, there goes any credibility.
I've given you facts.

You've said "LOL" numerous times, your arguments are better suited to a school.

Who the hell are you to be having a go at the Lower Gwladys?

You just said you could tell me why they would be horrible appointments and then didn't.

Mark Hughes has Stoke playing some brilliant football at the minute, with players like Bojan and Arnautovic really flourishing.

You can't possibly be saying that Martinez is the only manager to be getting Deulofeu to play good football.

We have underachieved now for 18 months. Jose Mourinho, Brendan Rodgers, Van Gaal and according to you, Koeman have all come under real pressure and some have even lost their jobs.

Why should it be that we have a manager who is under no danger of losing his job? Pressure is a good thing, it means there are expectations that need meeting.

The person who asked, asked for realistic candidates. Outside of Europe's top teams, I can't say I'm too familiar with the others.
Let's cool off lads, eh?

Regardless of footballing opinion, I think Mark Hughes would start off with too much bad feeling due to Lescott - he'd be at a disadvantage with a lot of the crowd before he began.

I would say that's unusual for a former player, but the there's Slaven Bilic on the scene too, with similar ill feeling toward him..

What's Mark Hughes ever done in the game as a manager?
Genuinely pretty poor record all told bar his 6th place finish with Blackburn, and he's hardly torn any trees up with Stoke.
We play better football than Stoke, but you can't see that because you're blinded by your hate and agenda against the manager.
Koeman is still unproven in English football sorry, one good season and a meh one so far is hardly a compelling case.
As for Flores, the man whos name you forgot...

What's Mark Hughes ever done in the game as a manager?
Genuinely pretty poor record all told bar his 6th place finish with Blackburn, and he's hardly torn any trees up with Stoke.
We play better football than Stoke, but you can't see that because you're blinded by your hate and agenda against the manager.
Koeman is still unproven in English football sorry, one good season and a meh one so far is hardly a compelling case.
As for Flores, the man whos name you forgot...

He got Fulham massively overachieving too. I've been impressed with what he has did at Stoke, so have a lot of people.

In years gone by we'd have been saying today "Them throw ins/corners are their only threat". They actually play some really decent stuff now and have matched top teams all season.

Koeman's 'one meh and one good season' sounds very familiar to what Martinez has achieved here.

How have Wigan got on since Martinez left?
Does that not underline just how good a job he did there?

He has been managing in the Premier League for nearly 7 years. Pretty good.

He got Fulham massively overachieving too. I've been impressed with what he has did at Stoke, so have a lot of people.

In years gone by we'd have been saying today "Them throw ins/corners are their only threat". They actually play some really decent stuff now and have matched top teams all season.

Koeman's 'one meh and one good season' sounds very familiar to what Martinez has achieved here.
I'm not advocating Hughes, but didn't he throw his hat into the ring when Moyes left? Mind you, so did Steve Kean lol

I assume you'd look past the Lescott saga then?

But Martinez also won a cup with Wigan of all people and kept them up for several years against the odds. It's hardly like Koeman who he has no history or background in the league.
We play better footy than them anyway so surely you'd want to go with the manager who has actually won something and has a managerial history of overperforming and building something as Martinez did at Swansea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back