Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is mate thats insular thinking, for every one that fails theirs one that succeeds, like with players its down to scouting out which one would adapt

Well no, you said you didnt want martinez, so you will natuarally side with him getting replaced....by un-tested in the prem.

Lvg is not doing well, and he was a good risk.....so these names you like are even more of a risk.

I dont see them doing any better than moyes or bobby, at their best

We could afford him mate, remember how much we paid Moyes his last contract - think he was second highest paid in the league at the time, we won't ofc as Mourinho would want guarantees from the board which we will never ever give, but if he was here we'd win 2-3 things before he melted down

Because that's the reason why one of the best managers in world football wouldn't join us.

Well no, you said you didnt want martinez, so you will natuarally side with him getting replaced....by un-tested in the prem.

Lvg is not doing well, and he was a good risk.....so these names you like are even more of a risk.

I dont see them doing any better than moyes or bobby, at their best

Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson all untested in the prem till they got their jobs mate

Guys I am no Roberto fan but if we win the cup then we win the cup. It does not matter how you do it. I would not mind us nearly [Poor language removed] up finishing in the top 4 but still doing it. Or same with the fa cup.

Thing with the City game is unless we get a result on Wednesday mate it is an utter irrelevance of a result, thats the thing with two legged cup ties, who cares now we beat Kiev at Goodison really?

well i could say we nearly beat chelsea and had 2 good draws against spurs and city, its not like we are getting battered all over the shop...there are obvious issues but lets look at things objectively

Is this really what we have now come to as a club though mate, our manager speaks 10% less bullshit and we lap it up as a positive, sorry but 1 win in 10, worse defensive record in the league at home, 10 wins and 10 losses in the last season and a half at Goodison, even the Sunderland game which is one of the good results at home this season should have seen them take a 2-0 lead against us at home, and they still managed at 2-0 to come back to 2-2, bloody Sunderland...

We are so bad at home compared to away this season and it has nothing to do with the support, its to do with the mentality of the squad, away from home their is no pressure, at home they will always have the pressure on them and they fold like a house of cards - and that is down to the manager entirely.

First season i was in love with the guy for what he did, hindsight as @chicoazul and his vaulting/liking of old posts is great in that way, in reality looking back we benefited from a legacy what Moyes left - Martinez made us more exciting but we still had that solid shape, tougher mental approach to games etc, now thats gone THIS is the Martinez Everton and sorry to say but it is not an Everton that will ever win anything
No mate, I expect much better, I was speaking in relative terms regarding his previous record for talking rubbish, not basing my expectations for the club on one post match interview.

Might be wise to avoid swearing when quoting staff too.

Thing is mate thats insular thinking, for every one that fails theirs one that succeeds, like with players its down to scouting out which one would adapt, right now the top half of the table

Leciester - Italian manager - was succesful at a pre Abramoovic Chelsea, big success when hes come back
City - Argie manager - a bit crap franklly
Arsenal - French manager - succesful since day one in England
Spurs - Argie manager - been a success since he arrived in England at two clubs
United - Big fat failiure of a dutchman
West Ham - succesful croatian so far
RS - german - too early to tell
Saints - pretty succesful so far Dutchman

thats looking at the top 8 - who all happen to be foreign managers

Bilic has been here 6 months...after 6 months under martinez we was also ace....

Avb, remi garde, advocate, solskjear, lvg

Yeah mate we are only capable of hiring managers from Preston and Wigan, thats our level as a club
They must be your words because they certainly weren't mine. The reason that Jose Mourinho won't ever be coming to us isn't to do with Bill Kenwright and the assurances he'd want from him.

well i could say we nearly beat chelsea and had 2 good draws against spurs and city, its not like we are getting battered all over the shop...there are obvious issues but lets look at things objectively

I honestly think that yesterday was just a generally sub par performance from the whole team, and it happens. However it wasn´t reflective of our general levels of play.

The disappointing result was par for the course for this season, but I don´t think that performance for the 90 mins was.

Last season you were dreading every game and finding it hard to imagine a win, but this season despite the pure frustration of the results and league position I am still looking forward to watching them and believe they can beat whoever we play.

Hopefully yesterday isn´t a sign of a slide into the no-confidence mess of last season....

I honestly think that yesterday was just a generally sub par performance from the whole team, and it happens. However it wasn´t reflective of our general levels of play.

The disappointing result was par for the course for this season, but I don´t think that performance for the 90 mins was.

Last season you were dreading every game and finding it hard to imagine a win, but this season despite the pure frustration of the results and league position I am still looking forward to watching them and believe they can beat whoever we play.

Hopefully yesterday isn´t a sign of a slide into the no-confidence mess of last season....

yar...manner of draws have not helped

when moyes was here and things didnt seem to be going well i dont want him to go, i wanted him to CHANGE...unfortunately he had been here TEN years!

i want , think and hope martinez can improve

That may well be true but under Bruce they were putting up much more of a fight of it, whereas martinez waited until march to start his season each year. It is easy to say this and that about why wigan went down, at the same time martinez invested poorly with the money from transfers at times, and ultimatly that cost him in the end.

but wigan going down is not the point tbh, if they were doomed then they were eventually doomed. the reflection is how similar we are performing to his wigan team. Take rom and del out of our first team this season (which could well be the case next season) and would we still be mid table? In fact take roms goals alone out the team where would we be? Lukaku is a top striker, to be hanging our season on his back is pretty poor by itself.

Martinez was obliged to sell his best players every year at Wigan, and start afresh the next season. His transfer dealings were largely successful. Unlike a big club, Wigan could not afford a major signing to fail.

Wigan went down because they did not have the resources to compete in the Premier League. Playing in two competitions - the league and the cup - imposed an even greater load on Wigan. But they were successful in one.

Martinez staked his reputation on signing Lukaku. And he signed Deulofeu too. He has developed them both and integrated them into the team. That they have been so successful is to his credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back