Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez was obliged to sell his best players every year at Wigan, and start afresh the next season. His transfer dealings were largely successful. Unlike a big club, Wigan could not afford a major signing to fail.

Wigan went down because they did not have the resources to compete in the Premier League. Playing in two competitions - the league and the cup - imposed an even greater load on Wigan. But they were successful in one.

Martinez staked his reputation on signing Lukaku. And he signed Deulofeu too. He has developed them both and integrated them into the team. That they have been so successful is to his credit!
martinez's credit? Del was being hailed as the next great thing out of the barca academy and lukaku was clearly a top striker in the making when chelsea moved for him even then, his 15 goals or so for west brom kind of confirmed that.

You can give martinez credit for McCarthy and Besic and to a certain extent Mori (succesful centre half in argentina) but that is pretty much it. Jesus we went to MK dons and brought back galloway over Alli! lol

But interesting you say he was obliged to sell his best players every year. So like it has been said many times, what happens off another poor season if we don't win the cup? Lukaku's agent has him ask for a transfer, Stones asking for a transfer again, Barkley has his head turned by say united or city, barca want del back, hell even a european team look at besic and plan a fair size bid. What happens then? The same as wigan? selling his best players?

What's the tipping point with the board do you think?
relegation, or serious danger of it.

Anything else and its plain sailing for Roberto. Sad to think i am not far off the reality there! 11 wins in his last 51 games or something like that. shocking statistics for a manager of a team with a 20 goal a season striker in, more so for the fact he has scored over 50 goals already for martinez.

I wish people would get into their heads that he isn't being sacked. We are a mingebag club who won't waste money on compensation to boot out señor nice guy.

He's here to stay for a while yet. That's that. We are where we are in the league because of him AND the players.

Are they even looking? Ship looks rudderless to me unless we get new owners.

...it's gonna stay rudderless then mate 'cos there's not gonna be new owners any time soon.

I'd be utterly astonished if that happened or was even REMOTELY near to happening, ergo he's staying WELL put.

I wish people would get into their heads that he isn't being sacked. We are a mingebag club who won't waste money on compensation to boot out señor nice guy.

He's here to stay for a while yet. That's that. We are where we are in the league because of him AND the players.
Fans can always force a Manager out. If it was to get too bad then it would be up to the match goers to force it. IE by demonstrating.

I genuinely think it'd have to be exit from both cups and a further league dip for them to even have a look, genuinely, that's how blinkered they are...

Do you think they are holding funds back to bring in players this window because they may have to pull the trigger in the near future?
They must realise the atmosphere at goodison is toxic...thing is the fans are never wrong - bad for business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back