Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we dispensed now, which manager would you bring in?
I agree the league is pretty much done. I'm 90% sure Lukaku and Stones are already as good as gone though mate (as much as I wish we could hold on to them) so that's not a factor for me.

Good point about the bedding in time etc, so if there was a suitable candidate we could get now I could be swayed. Otherwise it's probably best to stick until the summer.

Personally, unless we knock city out I want him gone as soon as- even with no obvious replacement. An interim manager to hold things together and give ourselves plenty of time between now and start of pre-season to find the right man. For me, he has to win the LC and show drastic improvement in our league form to warrant another season regardless.

Just imagine a new owner does take over, ok what have we got playing wise here he says to himself, oh a keeper that we have spent £5m on sitting on the bench even if he has done reasonably well in the handful of appearances he has made,this Howard chap must be really good. Oh 2 of the best full backs in the league and 3 international centre backs one that's valued at £50m you say??

A very talented young Spanish player and one of the best young English talents in the business again with a valuation of £50m. Sprinkle this in with a very highly rated Belgian winger who for some reason can't get a game we are so good in this area, and to top all this brilliance of we have potentially the best striker in Europe in our side.

These fans must be so horrible to these young gems to make them play like this.

If a new owner does take over and doesn't sack Martinez I'd question if he really should be in charge of our club.

I'm quite sad that our fan base have gone the same way at other fan bases at clubs who sack a manager every 3 years. Just hope our fans know that we are not rich enough to buy a new manager a team in 3 years. It's takes time to build a team. Moyes got 11 years because he put safety first.
Can't see Martinez and the likes of lukaku, stones and barkley, del sticking around. Don't blame them to be honest.

It worries me that this has gone largely unnoticed by the fanbase.

Lukaku should be getting the odd breather here and there, coming off with 20 minutes to go when we are comfortably ahead. However a combination of bad tactics ( meaning we have rarely been comfortably ahead in a game ) and bad selections ( Kone, a backup striker, starting more than a dozen games on the wing. He can't come on as a fresh pair of legs for Rom because most of the time he's more knackered than Rom! ) has prevented this.

If Lukaku breaks down, Martinez only has himself to blame. He's refused to use Naismith, Mirallas or Kone appropriately and Rom has played too many minutes in too many games as a result.

Check the stats for Kane and Vardy mate. Top strikers are in short supply and very few clubs are able to rotate them in the league.

I'm quite sad that our fan base have gone the same way at other fan bases at clubs who sack a manager every 3 years. Just hope our fans know that we are not rich enough to buy a new manager a team in 3 years. It's takes time to build a team. Moyes got 11 years because he put safety first.
Can't see Martinez and the likes of lukaku, stones and barkley, del sticking around. Don't blame them to be honest.
Is that a typo?

It read like you were saying you can't see Martinez sticking with us? Surely that can't be meant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back