Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without sounding harsh but he has to go.
Most talented squad in decades and he can't get a tune out of them and it's actually getting worse.

And that's down to his stubbornness to play total football. It's crippling us. He won't change his methods either. People within the game know that too. Only one way he thinks the game should be played.

Get a grip
He is at the peak of his fitness and plays generally 90mins per weak, if he can't manage that and you think it is too much we would need a squad of god knows how many to cover

I guess another stick in the armoury to best RM with
Do think strikers can have off-days even when fit. It's the one position you have to mix up. The fact that Kone is now are only real option leading the line is not good. I'm not a Martinez critic, but we need a plan B when Lukaku isn't working.

And that's down to his stubbornness to play total football. It's crippling us. He won't change his methods either. People within the game know that too. Only one way he thinks the game should be played.

There is no plan B, let alone C or D.
We set up the same every match and generally start slowly and get better as the game progresses but I certainly don't enjoy watching us.
People forget he wasn't most fans first choice and once again I believe we settled for mediocrity when appointing him.

Personally, unless we knock city out I want him gone as soon as- even with no obvious replacement. An interim manager to hold things together and give ourselves plenty of time between now and start of pre-season to find the right man. For me, he has to win the LC and show drastic improvement in our league form to warrant another season regardless.
Don't agree. He has to get us to the end of the season. An interim could see us nosedive into relegation.

There is no plan B, let alone C or D.
We set up the same every match and generally start slowly and get better as the game progresses but I certainly don't enjoy watching us.
People forget he wasn't most fans first choice and once again I believe we settled for mediocrity when appointing him.

It is disappointing. I will give him some credit as he's massively reduced the age of squad, found some real gems and genuinely looks like there's a clear individual plan for every young player which is working to produce some great young talent. But no good doing all that if he can't get the most out of the 1st team. If he doesn't learn how to diversify his own tactics, we are destined for mid table football.

It is disappointing. I will give him some credit as he's massively reduced the age of squad, found some real gems and genuinely looks like there's a clear individual plan for every young player which is working to produce some great young talent. But no good doing all that if he can't get the most out of the 1st team. If he doesn't learn how to diversify his own tactics, we are destined for mid table football.

That is true and fair comment. Perhaps he doesn't surround himself with strong enough/confident enough personalities to persuade him to consider alternative tactics.
That said, appoint him as chief scout!

Not much, league cup prizes top out at 100k for winning it.
Europa league is not worth much either, especially when you take away costs.

April 2015; Europa League; The Blues this season played in 10 matches and progressed to the round of 16. They won roughly £2.25million in award money, plus a later cut of the ‘market pool’ for television rights. Last year, Tottenham Hotspur, like Everton, reached the second knockout stage and earned a total of £4.27m.

The League Cup prize money is modest,

2015/16 Prize money
Round 1 £5,000
Round 2 £7,000
Round 3 £10,000
Round 4 £15,000
Semi-final £25,000
Final Winners/losers £100,000/£50,000

Clubs receive 45% of the gate money after costs with the league taking 10%. TV also plays a part, with Sky paying £75,000 for Live Round 1 to 4 games, £250,000 for the semi-finals and £1 million for the final.

I will give him till the end of the season but then he needs to get the squad firing on all cylinders -
there seems to be issues in the camp - some key players look disinterested -
if the players don't want to play for Martinez they are putting themselves and the club at risk -
i just don't believe the players should pick or fire the manager like they did at Chelsea -
The problem is that the manager can not get rid of uncooperative players because they earn more than him - and it will cost the club more -
Some of our senior players are not pulling their weight every game -
if Martinez can not sort that out - he should go - but that will leave us in a sad state of affairs - ala Chelsea

Which players look uninterested?

Some certainly looked jaded on Sunday - which doesn't bode well for Wednesday.

I hope that they are all tucked up safely in bed.

Stones , Lukaku and Barkley were not playing with fire in their hearts - they are key to our success -
That is why Deulefeu got so upset

I'm quite sad that our fan base have gone the same way at other fan bases at clubs who sack a manager every 3 years. Just hope our fans know that we are not rich enough to buy a new manager a team in 3 years. It's takes time to build a team. Moyes got 11 years because he put safety first.
Can't see Martinez and the likes of lukaku, stones and barkley, del sticking around. Don't blame them to be honest.

Because they'll all be clamouring to sign new deals after this season... As for Martinez? Where's he going? Everton will be as good as it gets for him.

Moyes got the time he did because he actually did a very good job. If Martinez starts doing that then I doubt anyone on this board would have any qualms about him sticking around.

Sacking an under performing manager after 3 years is completely fine in my opinion. That's more than enough time for him to get the club going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back