Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although our league position is bad.... I couldn't give a [Poor language removed] where we finish (unless it was in the bottom 3 or top 4) if we won a cup....

personally think we are in desperate need of a trophy to be fair

agreed, it's just without any signs of improvement in the league we may be destined to years of mediocrity (or even worse relegation) under Martinez.

I rate Moyes as better tactically, it's just his whole underdog mentality, lack of positivity, Knives to a gun fight, choking in important matches nonsense that needed to change.

it's a very difficult decision to get rid of Martinez as I can't think of anyone better that we'd be likely to get but I've seen enough! (Happy to admit I'm wrong if we change)

You attract top players and have a better chance of keeping top players by doing well in the league. Mid table mediocrity is not acceptable for Everton FC, regardless of cup success. I highly doubt Mr Yarmalenko will be jumping on the first available easyjet because we won the league cup but finished 12th or lower in the league, especially as he'll be partnering Kone up front.

You attract top players and have a better chance of keeping top players by doing well in the league. Mid table mediocrity is not acceptable for Everton FC, regardless of cup success. I highly doubt Mr Yarmalenko will be jumping on the first available easyjet because we won the league cup but finished 12th or lower in the league, especially as he'll be partnering Kone up front.
We won't finish 12th mate. We will comfortably finish top 10. Vault me.

Writing his own P45 if that's truly the case. One Lukaku injury away from a nervy slide towards the bottom of the league. Fortunately there's enough deadwood down there already.

If he has got someone lined up then he must have a very good poker face, because I just got the impression this was a man not expecting anyone coming in.

Last edited:

I for one meant it. We finish 15th with the league cup and that's my favourite season as an everton fan.

lollollol surely your on a wind up, right?

Our club finishing 15th and your sound with that? Winning the cup is sound, will be brilliant we need some silverware badly. To finish 15th would be absolutely terrible from every perspective.

Jesus wept. WE ALL want to win a cup, but dropping down the league is not acceptable. From this squad, not acceptable at all.

lollollol surely your on a wind up, right?

Our club finishing 15th and your sound with that? Winning the cup is sound, will be brilliant we need some silverware badly. To finish 15th would be absolutely terrible from every perspective.

Jesus wept. WE ALL want to win a cup, but dropping down the league is not acceptable. From this squad, not acceptable at all.

We finished 15th in 1995. We finished 11th last year. 4 places better off. We finished 8th three years before that. Which of those three years do you have better memories of?

I dont like openly calling for a manager to be sacked.

BUT, if between now and the end of the season Roberto doesnt show that he can change and is willing to change, regardless of Cup win, i wouldnt be bothered if he left.

My position exactly.

I hate calling for the taxi. It is easy and knee jerk. I also like RM's style and conviction. I like him and want him to stay.

However if we dawdle aimlessly to May not winning games we should be winning languishing around 12th with the Watfords and such like then 3 full years in we will essentially have got nowhere and then the board really do have to ask what is going on. In short we need to win games. He needs to win games NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back