Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's not the only point though. Yes Everton paid the price, wage demands and so on, but only because Martinez wanted him AND the fact they'd built a dcent relationship during the loan.

If you think Moyes would have gone for Lukaku i'd have to disagree.
It's all conjecture, but I would agree that Moyes probably wouldn't have paid the £28m for him. I don't think he'd have been opposed to taking him on loan, though.

Moyes would have been more likely to go in for Bony or Benteke, although I'm sure some will swear blind that he'd have wanted Cameron Jerome.

Depends which 60 games.

There are no periods of 60 games anywhere near that bad.

When we had a bad 6 months it was generally followed up by an excellent 6 months.

The season of 39 points in 38 games (9 wins) was followed up by 10 league wins by November.

Edit - if you take the final 22 games of his first season and add them to the season after you can get to 17 wins from 60 league games. So we did have 1 worse run of form under Moyes

Last edited:
It's all conjecture, but I would agree that Moyes probably wouldn't have paid the £28m for him. I don't think he'd have been opposed to taking him on loan, though.

Moyes would have been more likely to go in for Bony or Benteke, although I'm sure some will swear blind that he'd have wanted Cameron Jerome.

Moyes record w for the strikers were crap. He was better at defenders and midfielder, good solid steady Eddie players

We're like a battered wife, all roads lead back to the ex and no matter how bad they treated us near the end we just can't move on.

SHES TURNED THE WEENS AGAINST US

0QzWAIG.png

She's turned the WEENS against us.

Moyes was offered Bony on loan when he was still in holland and turned him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back