Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no getting around the fact that we defend more timidly than any team I know of. Mori aside we don't mark tightly or attack the ball at all. I don't have a problem with playing the ball out from the back but what does baffle me is the amount of times we attempt to clear our lines (I.e. not pass it out) only to do a sort of gentle lob out to about the 30 yard mark...if you're gonna get rid do it properly.

Let's be honest Ian, if that was Moyes and it was 1-1 in the second leg with 20 mins to go and we went out we would rightly be calling him all names under the sun - including a bottler.
To me, the whole occasion of tonight has overshadowed the bare facts of the performance, it was abysmal, we created one chance of note (Deulofeu) and Barkley scored out of nothing, they scored 3, they had an equivalent of a 7 year old playing FIFA in charge for 30 minutes During the 2nd half, basically playing 4-1-5 and we did nothing, even Crap teams gather momentum for the last 10 V supposed better/bigger teams, we did nothing. Their keeper was completely untested.

"In the replay it doesn't leave you with any doubt, the ball is clearly out and should never be allowed to carry on.

"We should take this as an inspiration to do something special because that call cost us. We played with an incredible swagger and character."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back