Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mkrudden

This is the crap we have had to deal with.

*vows to NEVER click show ignored content again.
That's crazy.
@Lowste my friend, uncalled for! Even if Ian didn't want Martinez, which we know he didn't and is open about that, it's ok to have reservations. If Martinez brings success back then I'm sure Ian will change his mind.
In the meantime lets just ruddy (gk?) debate like adults!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Definate plotter.

I just wanted to stress, im not gonna pretend that "ive never wanted him", I was quite vocal in my support in his first season, his tactics were good, we attacked at pace, his subs were spot on, the line ups on the main were good.

Now its just stale line ups, full of favourites, utter arse bleeding tactics and subs that I bet even Moyes laughs at.

But still, im not demanding he be sacked, hes still got a glimmer with me, 2 wins this week and not cos im a knee jerker, but cos it would be a step in the right direction, 2 wins and he can buy himself the rest of the season, anything less than 2 wins and I will demanding his sacking everyday till the day it happens.

I just wanted to stress, im not gonna pretend that "ive never wanted him", I was quite vocal in my support in his first season, his tactics were good, we attacked at pace, his subs were spot on, the line ups on the main were good.

Now its just stale line ups, full of favourites, utter arse bleeding tactics and subs that I bet even Moyes laughs at.

But still, im not demanding he be sacked, hes still got a glimmer with me, 2 wins this week and not cos im a knee jerker, but cos it would be a step in the right direction, 2 wins and he can buy himself the rest of the season, anything less than 2 wins and I will demanding his sacking everyday till the day it happens.
I'm not as easy going as you, but at the same time it doesn't have to be 2 out of 2 something like that, any 7 out of 12 will do me.

That's crazy.
@Lowste my friend, uncalled for! Even if Ian didn't want Martinez, which we know he didn't and is open about that, it's ok to have reservations. If Martinez brings success back then I'm sure Ian will change his mind.
In the meantime lets just ruddy (gk?) debate like adults!!!
Disagree the man has his own agenda against RM

My attitude towards him will not change

LVG has just made some fantastic points about the British media pressure in his interview on the BBC.

The foreign media are bad for it, but they do not make stories up. A lot of our publications have no shame in it.

LVG has just made some fantastic points about the British media pressure in his interview on the BBC.

The foreign media are bad for it, but they do not make stories up. A lot of our publications have no shame in it.
What are you on about here? Martinez has had an incredibly easy ride, even those who still want him would, in the main agree?

They haven't made up our crap home record this year.

LVG is saving Martinez from getting it both barrels from the media, he should be thankful.
image.webp

It's very funny to read this thread.
It's so football manager like it's untrue.

"We deserve better"
Do we? Based on what? What have we won since 1995 that warrants any exclamation that we are a big, successful club?

"The players are underachieving"
Based on what? Individual talent? Football manager-type scores out of 20 per attribute?

"The manager is using ridiculous excuses"
Phantom goals, offside decisions aside. What about the fact that we've been missing our legs in midfield, Besic and McCarthy for a fair few of the 20+ games weve played so far? Or should the mighty Everton have a third dynamic player waiting in the wings ready to do a good job?

"The players aren't learning".
The players are people. People lose confidence when things that were going for them no longer are. E.g. John Stones. Everything he does at the moment looks a consequence of second guessing himself. He has to ride it out. There is no other option for a player of his potential. Lukaku has hit a dry patch and its affecting his decision making (Swansea). They ARE learning. that's exactly the point. It just won't take 1 game.

"What if we lose some of these players?!"

So? We are bigger than any player. For clubs who can afford top quality, seasoned internationals to complement younger heads like Lukaku, that can only help them improve. We can't afford that. We have to play more kids than is appropriate. Anyone got 250milllion in their current account to remedy this?

"The manager talks guff".

Yep. They all do.
Sometimes though, he talks sense. Like today. But don't let a call for patience based on an appreciation of our heritage and understanding of young players and their failings get in the way of a good fume eh?

As you were lads. Like a scene from the walking dead in here.

Amazing. Rudden knocking it out of the park here.

We must win Sunday and Wednesday.

If there is a takeover it needs to be completed quickly as we seem to have no leadership.

The Spanish buffoon is behaving like a teenager left in charge of the house when the parents have gone on holiday.
He's wrecking everything and before long all the valuables will be gone.

Sack him and get Davie Weir and Peter Reid or another blue in charge until we find a real manager.

COYB
*uck that! I've had more than enough of this. Sack him, burn down the ground. Finished with everton (oh if only I could be)

I see after all the patronising abuse you took for calling this out earlier not one poster has come forward and said that it was over the top. Instead there was premature gloating after a win at home v the bottom of the league, merciless mocking when we made a quarter final of the league cup, and constantly being called a bad fan, football idiot, or FIFA fanboy beaut. No doubt it will all come out again should we win even one game

Go back to back to playing FM you beaut, this is the REAL world

What are you on about here? Martinez has had an incredibly easy ride, even those who still want him would, in the main agree?

Look at all the stick Stones was getting from the pundits yesterday, from the people who hyped him up in the first place.

All the ones who stick into Martinez at every given opportunity, and there's plenty. I agree, sometimes I'd like to see him quizzed more, but a lot of the stick he gets is ridiculous - for example, Durham slating him the other day for not going to City (who have not failed to score at home in over a year bar the game against us a few weeks ago) to get a clean sheet.

His exact words were "All he had to do was keep a clean sheet at the Etihad".

Look at all the stick Stones was getting from the pundits yesterday, from the people who hyped him up in the first place.

All the ones who stick into Martinez at every given opportunity, and there's plenty. I agree, sometimes I'd like to see him quizzed more, but a lot of the stick he gets is ridiculous - for example, Durham slating him the other day for not going to City (who have not failed to score at home in over a year bar the game against us a few weeks ago) to get a clean sheet.

His exact words were "All he had to do was keep a clean sheet at the Etihad".
Aidrian Durham and his opinion do not matter mate, Martinez gets an easy ride, no doubt about it, you've proved it by stating how hard the media have been on Stones this week. He's brilliant with his PR that's why he gets the easy ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back