Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez subs and lukaku pen miss will take the heat of mirrallas

It shouldn't do though, and I'd have thought it was impossible, but you're probably right.

Whether that's the right train of thought to have, I don't know, but for me it decided definitively the discussion on both Mirallas and Martinez in one fell swoop today.

We managed the game for 50 minutes with 10 men and were comfortably the better side.
The manager then made a sub which in foresight was the wrong decision.
All the other tactical decisions he made up till that point were absolutely spot on.
We didn't put the game to bed with our chances and paid the price
Kevin Mirallas bears far more of the blame for this result than the manager, his stupidity was inexcusable.

The new man will be getting the feelers out there for a replacement make no mistake

He's not going to pump 100s of millions into a club and let this idiot run it, Not a chance

@davek isnt this where you make your money? @chicoazul is all over the place here and needs a completely unrealistic ideologue to get behind. Come and tell us all again how this was football 'touched by the gods'

You've hopped out of the neutral zone into a battlefield because you thought one side was close to a win. Now there's bullets flying everywhere and you're punch drunk in the middle flailing around. Sad to see, follow @davek s approach and just bunker down until the next cup non loss.

@davek seems to be really in your head mate.

This is the Martinez thread and I find this rather distasteful and against forum rules so I've flagged and will not retort.

@The Esk

75 minutes were great to be honest. Taking Lennon off was the big mistake he made today, they seemed to have that little bit more space without him tracking back.

I'm fuming with Lukaku but there's nothing Martinez can do about the chances he missed but Lennon should have stayed on

At this point in the season, the fact we show absolutely 0 desire to close down and press the opposition when we don't have the ball is either comical or diabolical. Either way, it's pathetic.

Remember in that mythical '72 points!' season when everyone was saying Pochettino and Martinez were the future? Half right.

Did he or did he not get the shape right initially with us looking very dominant and in control, despite many having a go at him being clueless for playing 3 at the back?
Yes.
After Kev the clown went and got himself sent off, did he change our shape and have us looking the better team again?
Yes.
At the halftime break, he brought on Besic as they brought on Carroll. We were comfortably the better team again, added to our lead and should have sown the game up with a missed penalty and one on one.
Got a substitution wrong, probably.
I don't understand this "tactically inept" criticism.

Why disect this particular game? don't be bothering with that we are 3 seasons in. At this point it's just about them numbers beside the two teams in the left hand corner.

I don't give a rats ass about why it went tits up. If you tried to defend Martinez like you are doing now on every bad result for the last 2 seasons you would sound like an abused wife with a beautiful creative mind for excuses.

At this stage it's results. And I don't need to look at the details anymore. I look at the result and Martinez gets the blame by default. Not necessarily because of the game in question. But because of the past two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back