Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku scores (or barkley takes it) and were 3-0 up and cruising. Martinez then the hero for smashing Wham with 10 men.

Mirallas massively to blame today. Niasse let him down as well.....

Zero fault on Martinez part.

Players bad in last 20 but even I can't defend RM for the substitute mate.

There was no need for it in any way. We were defending fine and didn't look tired. He could have made the same change 10 minutes later and it would have been fine.

Stupid and he's messed up big style after what was an incredibly good tactical display.

Lukaku scores (or barkley takes it) and were 3-0 up and cruising. Martinez then the hero for smashing Wham with 10 men.

Mirallas massively to blame today. Niasse let him down as well.....

Zero fault on Martinez part.
Martinez was the hero for setting up the 4-4-1 after halftime and keeping us in the game. Then he made a terrible change to that 4-3-2 sort of thing and we lost the game. West Ham barely had a chance before Lennon left because our shape was good and solid

My in-depth analysis:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25183-1388704824-7.gif

Why not go further and say I am an embarrassment to God? I bet you Bill Kenwright and plenty of people at Goodison have time for Bilic, unfortunately clique self-proclaimed 'proper' fans like yourself influence fans opinion on the internet. I am not a coward afraid to call for Mourinho or Bilic because of predictable abuse from the likes of yourself. Ignored.
lol lol lol

drama queen

I think the last few weeks will have cost him big time. He has had many phases whilst managing the club where people have said 'Martinez needs to learn how to get the team defending' or 'Give him time to adapt'/ ' He must learn from his mistakes'.

The simple fact is that he isnt.

The thing is that he had though, clearly. It's like he just suddenly took a huge step back and the players haven't helped either in that respect.

Stupid change that he had no need to make.

Yet according to the manager its the fans!!
He is a coward and a fraud.
The crowd at Goodison is not self important and demanding like he would see at Arsenal or Chelsea. We will always appreciate anyone who puts a shift in (Straq a prime example).
Our home form is slow, laboured and at times, amateurish, yet he blames us for the **** served up week after week.

Royle lost his job for falling out with the local press.
This guy is now insulting the lifeblood of the club and remains in charge.
Hopefully that will change soon.

I just can't get my head around this one today at all im genuinely stumped and almost feel sorry for him now because hes just out of his depth at this level when we have a controlling lead.

Hes apparently said Lennon felt empty and had to come off, thats fair enough bring him off then but why on earth did he choose a striker who has so far been useless in every substitute appearance, doesn't understand english football and most importantly is a ******* striker!!!!

We had Geri on the bench who will track back when required,we had Barry on there who if fit enough to be on bench should have been fit enough to get more than 5 minutes and the biggest one of them all we have Baines just sitting there who could have put himself on the left hand side, push mccarthy out on the right to cancel out cresswell and besic and barkley working as a midfield 2.

Ive re-watched there last goal just to give me a further bad taste in my mouth and the nearest player to cresswell on the half way line getting ready to pump the ball in is, get this our RB coleman, instantly team shape and organisation out the window. WE'RE WINNING FFS set up 2 banks of 4 and defend for our lives not have 3 people up the pitch, Niasse trotting back while offside and Coleman that far up the pitch any flick back towards the right and they're in.

Don't get me wrong defensively it was shocking but the team was let down today by horrific management after what looked a very good tactical change following going down to 10 men, he just did what he always does though and insisted we kept playing, kept looking to score and when we don't take the 2/3 chances Lukaku had just do the smart thing and kill the game off, set up the bus, defend for our lives, kick the **** out of em just do what we need to win, don't bring on a striker when winning 2-0 with 10 men then bring off the one player who can hold the ball up for a DM in the 80 something minute.

I honestly can't take it anymore, today was the first day ive honestly felt like going and hitting a punching bag for an hour just to get rid of the anger after that embarrassment of a final 20 minutes.

We are so weak though mate from the manager down.
When you watch kids footie you expect teams collapsing but not in this league.
We have done it so much this season and coco just stands there looking the other way

I know we've done it mate but we genuinely looked to have got away from it and everybody seemed to have learned.

RM totally threw that out of the window with that stupid change, and has brought the pressure on himself.

He is a coward and a fraud.
The crowd at Goodison is not self important and demanding like he would see at Arsenal or Chelsea. We will always appreciate anyone who puts a shirt in (Straq a prime example).
Our home form is slow, laboured and at times, amateurish, yet he blames us for the **** served up week after week.

Royle lost his job for falling out with the local press.
This guy is now insulting the lifeblood of the club and remains in charge.
Hopefully that will change soon.
BAWK

Drab play, STILL unable to defend crosses. I'm really happy with the wins, but I'd rather not [Poor language removed] myself every time a cross comes in from anywhere, or someone runs at a defender and he just backs off forever.

Not turning against him for the results, he got some things right, obviously, as we got a few wins, but rather for the actual lack of improving in the basics of the game.

And last few weeks is more like the last 10 at this point really (circa Christmas), support just waning down. Loss at City was just the tip of the iceberg; refusal to drop Howard; refusal to play Mirallas; crosses/defending situation I described 5 million times today alone not being dealt with for abar 3 years. Surely he's not blind, yes?

Well hes dropped howard in the weeks that changed your opinion of him and also played Mirallas (which you say you wanted)

Today Mirallas let the side down mate....

You simply cant legislate for lukaku missing to make it 3-0 or the loss really as going down to 10 is tiring and exposes the defenders who should have (Mori) headed the ball.

Canr fault martinez for those things. What if lukaku had scored....wouldnt we all now be praising his taxtics at the start? If mirallas hadnt been sent off we would likely have won as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back