Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku scores (or barkley takes it) and were 3-0 up and cruising. Martinez then the hero for smashing Wham with 10 men.

Mirallas massively to blame today. Niasse let him down as well.....

Zero fault on Martinez part.

Zero fault? Really? Mirallas does take blame but we still looked fantastic and the better team when down to 10 men. It all went wrong when he made that second sub.

The fact we have one of the best strikers in the world breaking all sorts of records really makes things just that much more ridiculous.

It genuinely doesn't feel like we have that type of striker breaking records. Ye can't enjoy it. It's terrible. Crying out for one for 20 odd years we we're.

If Bobby was a racehorse trainer he would be under investigation from the jockey club for pulling his horse to improve it's handicap

I like and I've backed him but this season has once again come down a cup competition.

We've been sound the past few games and I'm not solely blaming him for today - I don't agree with his subs but the penalty was the turning point.

Is he part of the problem? Maybe. Is he part of the long-term solution? Maybe not.

I just can't get my head around this one today at all im genuinely stumped and almost feel sorry for him now because hes just out of his depth at this level when we have a controlling lead.

Hes apparently said Lennon felt empty and had to come off, thats fair enough bring him off then but why on earth did he choose a striker who has so far been useless in every substitute appearance, doesn't understand english football and most importantly is a ******* striker!!!!

We had Geri on the bench who will track back when required,we had Barry on there who if fit enough to be on bench should have been fit enough to get more than 5 minutes and the biggest one of them all we have Baines just sitting there who could have put himself on the left hand side, push mccarthy out on the right to cancel out cresswell and besic and barkley working as a midfield 2.

Ive re-watched there last goal just to give me a further bad taste in my mouth and the nearest player to cresswell on the half way line getting ready to pump the ball in is, get this our RB coleman, instantly team shape and organisation out the window. WE'RE WINNING FFS set up 2 banks of 4 and defend for our lives not have 3 people up the pitch, Niasse trotting back while offside and Coleman that far up the pitch any flick back towards the right and they're in.

Don't get me wrong defensively it was shocking but the team was let down today by horrific management after what looked a very good tactical change following going down to 10 men, he just did what he always does though and insisted we kept playing, kept looking to score and when we don't take the 2/3 chances Lukaku had just do the smart thing and kill the game off, set up the bus, defend for our lives, kick the **** out of em just do what we need to win, don't bring on a striker when winning 2-0 with 10 men then bring off the one player who can hold the ball up for a DM in the 80 something minute.

I honestly can't take it anymore, today was the first day ive honestly felt like going and hitting a punching bag for an hour just to get rid of the anger after that embarrassment of a final 20 minutes.
I know how you feel. I can not feel more empty and discouraged than this.

8j7pg.jpg

ybkw3.jpg

His having a laugh

What part does he play in this ????

self protection statement

The thing is that he had though, clearly. It's like he just suddenly took a huge step back and the players haven't helped either in that respect.

Stupid change that he had no need to make.

Sorry but how has he learnt from it? Its happened many many times over the last two years.
How can you learn from something and then take a step back and let it happen again?

I think Martinez is tactically inept. Everton played extremely well today, and yes we were let down by Mirallas' stupidity but it was Martinez inability to recognise that an outplayed and largely spiritless West Ham side would be bouyed by that penalty miss. Had he recognised the positive effect of seeing your opponent fail to put the game to bed, he would have bolstered an increasingly tired and stretched midfield.

For all his entertaining forward play, a good manager, a good tactician recognises that one size does not fit all! They recognise that sometimes forward paly has to be sacrificed to claim the prize. Sometimes, the bus has to be parked, and Roberto seems wholly incapable to processing this. For this reason above all else he is not the man to take us forward and he should be removed as soon a possible.

Well hes dropped howard in the weeks that changed your opinion of him and also played Mirallas (which you say you wanted)

Today Mirallas let the side down mate....

You simply cant legislate for lukaku missing to make it 3-0 or the loss really as going down to 10 is tiring and exposes the defenders who should have (Mori) headed the ball.

Canr fault martinez for those things. What if lukaku had scored....wouldnt we all now be praising his taxtics at the start? If mirallas hadnt been sent off we would likely have won as well.

I won't fault RM for the players' faults mate.

What I fault him for is the Lennon sub. It didn't need to happen and if it did should have been Barry to sure us up, or Del if he wanted pace.

After that the players are equally as to blame for their collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back