Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just isn't the man for the job, I have given up on him .
Don't care what happens between now and the end of the season I want him gone, and that includes anything we to in the cup as well

I think Martinez is tactically inept. Everton played extremely well today, and yes we were let down by Mirallas' stupidity but it was Martinez inability to recognise that an outplayed and largely spiritless West Ham side would be bouyed by that penalty miss. Had he recognised the positive effect of seeing your opponent fail to put the game to bed, he would have bolstered an increasingly tired and stretched midfield.

For all his entertaining forward play, a good manager, a good tactician recognises that one size does not fit all! They recognise that sometimes forward paly has to be sacrificed to claim the prize. Sometimes, the bus has to be parked, and Roberto seems wholly incapable to processing this. For this reason above all else he is not the man to take us forward and he should be removed as soon a possible.

He showed he is certainly far from tactically inept in the first 75 minutes.

Suddenly, it was like a sudden case of instant dementia set in and he forgot how to football and made one of the most baffling substitutions I have seen all season.

The players then totally collapsed, and Rom and Kev must also take some blame.

We've beat Southampton as well and City in the cup.

But, we were superb today for 75 mins. Performance of the season mate, genuinely excellent.

Penalty miss shook us but the turning point was that change from RM. You know how much i've defended him but I'm not taking that today. It was stupid and has cost us and I think he's lumped so much pressure on himself now when all he had to do was leave the team be and let us carry on doing what we're doing.

Also a total lack of steal or grit from our defence (mainly looking at Jags who does no organising at all from crosses).

Lukaku must take responsibility for that miss as well.
Thing is mate, look how Southampton started the season. So you can't class beating a team that was losing at the time as a good side. Same as Chelsea.

The stats don't lie though, neither does the results. We may have played well , how many points do we have to show for it?

How about we stop blaming everything else and just look at the facts, most if our wins this season have been against poor teams, he'll 4 of them are the same 2 teams! We can't beat anyone decent, doesn't matter how sell we turn up, we can't win them. And we aren't going anywhere if we only beat poor teams below us

When Besic came on we played 4-3-2, Besic, McCarthy and Barkley with Lennon further forward and we scored, we missed a penalty and Lukaku was through on goal set up by Barkley's pass playing a bit deeper.

They scored their first when Noble crossed from our right. If Mirallas hadn't got himself sent off Lennon would have been chasing back and covering on the right. The cross may not have come in. Their second goal came when Barkley didn't do enough to close down. The third was a punt from the left back and a header was won that set up Payet.

Our heading in the box was very weak today, which we have of late been ok. But Villa's goal during the week showed that side of our game needs working on. When Carroll came on it was obvious what they were going to do. so it was up to the players to attempt to stop as many crosses as possible.

Mori takes blame for the headers but hes been great so...

For me, I blame Mirallas as we would have won if he wasnt such a ....

Niasse was shocking. Martinez couldnt have seen that coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back